ALARM BELL - Attack notification does not work or works intermittently

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.45340.0 6228353
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The Alarm Bell (or Attack Notification) does not work properly. Sometimes does not sound and this impact the player reaction time.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Let an enemy unit attack you
  2. The alarm bell sound sometimes work, sometimes not!

It is difficult to understand how to reproduce the issue because it seems quite random

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The alarm bell should always sound when your units are getting attacked

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

It does not allow to attach an .MP4 file

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

In this match, almost at the end of the game (minute 28 approximatly), it is possible to notice how a mangonel kills a full army of skirmisher and no alarm bell could be heard from the attacked player POV.

*MP Replay v101.101.45340.0 @2021.02.15 164022 (1).aoe2record (1.8 MB)

1 Like

I have had this issue too for months, and I have talked with support, but I still don’t have notifications.

Just had this happen to me, had it recorded so it wasn’t just me not hearing it, annoying.

Can you share with us that video @anon642a ?

I think I deleted it. I’ll describe it, enemy scout attacked my eagle scout, I got the attack notification, fought back, the enemy scout left, minimap stopped blinking, I attack a palisade, enemy scout started attacking my eagle again and no notification and my eagle on the minimap didn’t blink. I should note my monk sounds were also bugging out in either that game or the following couple games that session (first time that’s happened in 2k ranked games), and a game restart fixed the monk sounds (and haven’t noticed missing attack notifications in a few games since).