All commands vanish - game becomes unplayable

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 12194550 (Last updated 19-Sep-2023)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: The game starts normally but then a couple of minutes later, suddenly all commands vanish for all objects in game. Villagers do not have build command and Townhall doesn’t have the “Create Villager” command.
I have uninstalled and had a fresh install of the game but the issue persists
There are NO mods. I had only two mods which were custom maps and I have disabled them both. The issue occurs on standard maps and is not specific to any map

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: The issue started only about a week ago but for past 2-3 days, the issue is occurring 100% of the time. I was not able to complete a single game. Sometime, I can play the game for only 2-3 minutes while sometimes game plays well for 10-15 min and then all command icons disappear

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: No specific steps. I just start the game and start playing v/s AI and after a few minutes of play, the commands suddenly disappear. I do not play multiplayer so do not know if the issue will occur while playing online or not.
I have played the game for over 2800hours so far (all in single player) and this issue never occurred in last many years

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. NA

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: NA. I expect the clickable command buttons to be there till the end of game but they are gone

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down:Ao-E3-DE-No-Commands-Error-2023-10-19 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: No saved games

Thanks and Regards
Gen Patton

Sounds like you are using mods that do not work with the current version of the game.

Nope, thats a rare bug that can happen when a game starts even without any mods.

The fix is to usually reload the game window, so go to windows dektop and reopen the game.

I do not have any mods

If it happens rarely, then this workround is okay… but every game suddenly sees this issue occur (even after uninstalling and fresh install), then the game become unplayable - imagine a single game v/s AI lasting ~40 min needing 3 saves and game reloads… :-S

Try verifying integrity through steam.