All Definitive Editions Are Coming to Steam

7 Likes

Our very own RadiatingBlade with the breaking news! The people’s champion!

This is excellent news and shows that MS is listening and responding.

4 Likes

Ah, you beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Haha.

There will be plenty of opportunities over the coming weeks, I’m sure.

It helps having mobile notifications turned on for the official Age of Empires social media accounts. :wink:

1. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
  2. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  3. Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
2 Likes

Does this mean the beginning of the hype for E3 2019, where microsoft is planning to knock-out-punch the competition?

1 Like

the AoE DE is more polish at this point.

Can we get it free if we already own it from Microsoft Store or do we have to buy it again?

E: I saw the FAQ but it would be cool if we could also get Steam version to enjoy Steam platform benefits, not just crossplay.

As stated in the F.A.Q., unfortunately there’s no info yet on what Steam features AoE:DE will offer.

Surely achievements, cards, cloud sync and the like will be included. There’s a big unknown about Steamworks integration.

1 Like

Oh yeah, if it’s like that and same price I don’t really mind buying it again to support devs with this awesome work!

I am excited now…

Valve has now agreed to allow UWP games on steam or are all the Definitive Editions going to be a full EXE file?

Also speaking of aoede. Since most of the aoede players have the game through the win10store. Will we receive a steam key? I don’t really mind buying it again but it doesn’t hurt to ask the question.

nvm, went back to see the comments.
But just to add to this. Maybe we could receive a said steam key to test out aoede before it’s released.

1 Like

This is really nice!! Hope we get some info about Age4 at the E3 too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have paid and played AOE2 three times since the initial launch, after all this time I just recently tried to play AOE3 and simply it just does not compare.
AOE3 is a great game and well put together in my view, however AOE2 is an honest revolution to the gaming industry that no one else managed to compete with.

Maybe the AOE 2 DE could become the greatest/most popular RTS of all time? Could we ever get to 100 000 current players? :smiley:
https://store.steampowered.com/stats/