All mods stuck on 'Downloading' and only empty folders are created in the dir

Are you still seeing this issue after update 34223? If so, can you provide some examples of mods that you are seeing this issue with?

the answer is yes

Examples of mods that don’t work:
all of them

1 Like

Looks like this may be addressed in today’s hotfix. Let me know if it’s not. (I know, every time it seems like I just say check the latest patch…but I think this one might do it)

i still cant install any mods, got red exclamation mark (!) could you please fix this? this is nightmare for me

same for me, I’m on build 34397

why they dont work on this? this is driving me mad

i’ve deleted game and all folders, restarted pc steam, updated drivers. hope this works to install mods

Hello friends!

I have a few troubleshooting steps you can try and report back to see whether they work for you. We are tracking this issue and will be digging into the problem as we collect more information about it:

1. Follow the steps in this article to see if any of them address the issue: https://www.ageofempires.com/support/aoe2/#mod-issues
  2. Make sure you are signed in with the correct Xbox Live Account. If you have multiple Microsoft accounts, Windows may log you in with a different account than the one tied to your free XBL account. Make sure you log in using the correct account with an Xbox Live profile [account.xbox.com].
  3. Make sure you are signed into the Xbox Companion Console. It should come standard with Windows 10. If you’ve uninstalled it, make sure you re-download and sign into the app before launching your game.
  4. Exit and re-start Steam to make sure you are on the latest build. If you haven’t re-launched Steam in a while, give it a shot and try again.
  5. Verify the integrity of your game files. It shouldn’t take long, and will catch any errors in your game’s installation.

If any (or none) of these steps work, please let us know which worked/which you tried so we can continue working to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks, everyone!

Here we are on build 34699 and the mod center finally works for me!

3 Likes