All Progress lost

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: Latest
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I just picked up the game after several months (last played in mid-March) because I wanted to buy the new DLC, but turns out, all my progress on the older campaigns is gone including my save files, custom bindings etc. All reset to zero. I checked the local save folder and it showed that I still have the old save files and I assume the progress as well (explained below) and stuff but I can’t seem to use any of it after copy-pasting in the new profile.

I can’t even login to Multiplayer Services and it counts me as “Player 1” in normal games.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. No idea tbh, I just picked up the game again yesterday and installed it. One thing I noticed is that it created a ‘new profile’ in the local save folder. My old profile was “76561198141913853” and the new one is “76561197960267366” despite using the same Microsoft/Xbox login.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I was supposed to play normally and have all my progress without being reset?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

None.
Unless you want my profile files?

I have a feeling that the ‘new account’ that I get is an offline account of sorts because it keeps failing to sign me into Multiplayer Services (hence being assigned ‘Player’ instead of my username).

Hi @Pankypops!

We are sorry for this, it is a shame that you lost your progress. Thank you for letting us know, we are already tracking this issue.

If you are still having the same issue, then it would be very helpful to contact our Support team Submit a request – Age of Empires Support so we can investigate what is happening.

Please include your DxDiag and logs if they appear. Steps to find those are here: How to find information for troubleshooting with Support – Age of Empires Support

Thanks!

Never mind. I fixed it manually by importing the certificate in the game’s folder.

Why isn’t this simple a fix listed anywhere?