Allow Ethiopia AI to train Shotel Warriors

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: October PUP
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The Ethiopia AI will never train Shotel Warriors. I attacked them with Janissaries and Abus guns and it defended with Javelin riders, when Shotels would have been the better counter. I feel like the AI doesn’t know to create Shotels (or maybe doesn’t know about Shotels countering heavy infantry as well as light infantry). Just that in some cases, the Shotels are much better than javelins.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play against Ethiopia AI.
  2. Notice that the AI only trains Gascenya and Javelins in Commerce age, and never Shotels, even if its the better option.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The AI should train Shotel Warriors when appropriate.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
It happens in every game, but here’s an example:

2 Likes

HI @DiplexBoss6 !

Thank you, something is happening with Ethiopians :thinking:

We are now tracking this issue!

Thank you for the patch!

To report back on this issue, the Ethiopians are a bit better now but still struggling to counter infantry. They can train crossbows now if they age up with Portuguese but still refuse to train shotel warriors which I think would still do better than javelins against musketeers and skirmishers.

I have here two games:

1. Against Ottomans, it somehow only spams gascenya and Javelin, which can’t beat Jan-Abus.
    Record Game 2021-10-12 18-26-29.age3Yrec (11.2 MB)

2. Against Inca, it did better and trained crossbows. But against the predominantly infantry Inca army, shotel warriors would have been devastating.
    Record Game 2021-10-12 20-29-12.age3Yrec (11.5 MB)

Thanks again for all the work! Looking forward to shotels from the AI in the future! Happy AOE3DE anniversary!

1 Like