(Andy's Unofficial) Welcome to our happy forum!

Hi everyone.

Monday’s announcement of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has drawn quite a crowd around here. We’ve got thousands of new lurkers and hundreds of new posters. It’s awesome.

I want to give everyone some bearings on who is who and what is what:

This is the official forum for Age of Empires. Until just recently, it contained the forum for the mobile/PC tower defense game, Age of Empires: Castle Siege. [The Castle Siege forum now lives separately](https://forums.castlesiegegame.com/ "Age of Empires: Castle Siege forum “The Castle Siege forum now lives separately”), though many of us are active both places.

On the whole, everyone does a terrific job of keeping this community at least one or two notches above the normal nasty internet anonymous squabbling and trolling garbage. Please remember we are all here simply to discuss a video game and that there are actual human beings behind every post.

As this is the official forum, you will see a few Microsoft folks around. I don’t want to speak for them, but by way of very short introductions (and at risk of forgetting someone):

@Robeyone is our Emperor. He’s the head producer of the series and a great guy. As a video game developer, his job is to develop video games. So he visits the forum, but tends to be quiet and stay up in his tower, looking wisely on the crowd below. We should have a special badge for people who can actually elicit a quoted response from our Emperor.

@jennywaboom and @Plus2Joe are Microsoft’s Community Managers – the staff in charge of this forum. They are the folks who handle support issues, forum questions, etc.

Underneath these guys are five of us Volunteer Community Moderators. We are just regular players from around the world. We each just kinda hung out on the forum for a while and eventually were asked to help out. We are: @AnotherRiddle, @Chuggles22, @InflamedNut2, @“Wicked Wulf”, and me, @“Andy P”. We VCMs try to balance being both fans of the series and forum cops. Meanwhile, we are also bouncing around between this forum and the Age of Empires: Castle Siege forum.

Then there is @dariakus. He was our Emperor right before robeyone. dariakus no longer works on the series, so he isn’t here in any official capacity. But it’s super cool to have AoE alumni around, and he obviously knows a lot more than he may let on.

The forum rules can be found here. A few more noteworthy ones: Don’t use profanity – there are kids around. Don’t try to turn the forum into a courthouse – don’t publicly accuse people of cheating or other things, don’t use the forum as a platform to fight with moderators about our moderator actions (or inactions). Use private message to report bad behavior. If you don’t like what a VCM says or does, feel very welcome to report us to our bosses, @Plus2Joe and @jennywaboom.

You can certainly still complain publicly about the game and stuff like that. That’s much of why this forum exists. Just don’t be nasty about it.

Finally, with Monday’s announcement came brand new forum software. Everyone is still getting used to it. So expect weird things. To that extent, please report weird forum issues here. Our very own @rhrmn is doing god’s work keeping a change order list over there.

Anyways, welcome, and be excellent to each other.

-Andy

I thank you for you’re great job and that your bring back aoe back in the future.
You and all of the Community make the Game great :slight_smile:

The last couple of days have been crazy here, it feels like when you move into a new house and every time you need something you wonder which friggin box you packed it in lol.
And then there are the things that you know you used to have but are pretty sure you left 1,000 miles away back at the old house lol. Fortunatly, it seems like the people we bought this place from left some of their own belongings for us to figure out and play with as well :wink:

Hi all…Wulf here

Great Welcome and Intro Andy :slight_smile:

It’s been Crazy for sure…but we all like crazy…we’re GAMERS!!

The rest I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me lmao

Take care and \ _ / Cheers to AOE History coming back to the future…so some of us get to experience this amazing game…for the first time.

hi , can i download the game or is not release yet?

@WeizenLeiter290 said:
hi , can i download the game or is not release yet?

It is not released yet.

So is that emporer dude also responsible for the complete disgrace AoM TOTD is? If yes I found the person to nagg against ;p
Or is he the replacement for skybox lab their inadequence?

Thanks everyone!

@smitske said:
So is that emporer dude also responsible for the complete disgrace AoM TOTD is? If yes I found the person to nagg against ;p

Smile…be hopeful…be NICE, it goes a loooooooong way

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

With AoM it hasnt, neglect and poor treatment has been our part. No hope.
So I want to know was he involved and what will be done to finally treat the game and its players with respect.
THe way they treated AoM is a disgrace, I just hope AoE does not get treated the same.

@smitske said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

So I want to know was he involved and what will be done to finally treat the game and its players with respect.
THe way they treated AoM is a disgrace, I just hope AoE does not get treated the same.

I think bringing back one of the most Favored games in HISTORY is treating those fans with great respect. So many were waiting for this day. As for is @Robeyone involved with any project…ask HIM.

Everyone is excited…new forum…great game coming back with the promise of some cool gaming…you don’t seem to have anything NICE to say in here…don’t rain on our parade! :slight_smile:

Btw you keep harping on AoM…THIS is about AOE and it LIVES

@smitske said:

Idk anything about what you’re referring to, as my AoE experience so far rests only on about 3 years of Castle Siege. Small potatoes compared to some people I’ve known for a while or have met in the last couple days (I think it’s very cool to see so many veterans coming out of the woodworks)
But what I do know is that Robeyone has been with the team for roughly a year. You’ll have to use that info to draw your own conclusions as to who is “responsible” for what.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

I think bringing back one of the most Favored games in HISTORY is treating those fans with great respect. So many were waiting for this day. As for is @Robeyone involved with any project…ask HIM.

Everyone is excited…new forum…great game coming back with the promise of some cool gaming…you don’t seem to have anything NICE to say in here…don’t rain on our parade! :slight_smile:

Btw you keep harping on AoM…THIS is about AOE and it LIVES

If they completely destroy the game like they have with age of mythology and then refuse to support the game then you are not treating the fans nor the game with respect. In that case you are abusing both fans and game legacy for a quick buck. That is what has been the case for AoM, I am just hoping that disrespect will not be given to AoE Definitive too, because it is disgraceful.

It was a great game, for all we kno they destroyed it. There is a history of doing that. Promises mean nothing, too easy to break and lets face it M$ is not trustworthy.

AoM is also part of the age of family, just look at how they treat it perhaps your favourite family member will also be treated that bad.

Andy, are you the same Andy I remember from the AOEO forums?? Those were the good old days haha

@smitske said:
…perhaps your favourite family member will also be treated that bad.

??? What on earth does this have to do with MY family members?

@smitske said:
If they completely destroy the game like they have with age of mythology and then refuse to support the game then you are not treating the fans nor the game with respect. In that case you are abusing both fans and game legacy for a quick buck. That is what has been the case for AoM, I am just hoping that disrespect will not be given to AoE Definitive too, because it is disgraceful.

It was a great game, for all we kno they destroyed it. There is a history of doing that. Promises mean nothing, too easy to break and lets face it M$ is not trustworthy.

AoM is also part of the age of family, just look at how they treat it perhaps your favourite family member will also be treated that bad.

Okay… so don’t hang on promises. But I would at least wait to see the game before sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches.
I can appreciate the fact that this issue is something that you feel strongly about, but it is now derailing the topic at hand so I’m gonna ask that you please start your own thread about it if you wish to continue.

@Raw1812 said:
Andy, are you the same Andy I remember from the AOEO forums?? Those were the good old days haha

My boy, raw! You still living the pura vida en la playa?

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:
…perhaps your favourite family member will also be treated that bad.

??? What on earth does this have to do with MY family members?

Metaphorically.
The age of games family, AoM poorly treated family member, hopefully AoE doesnt get the same treatment being another member of the family.

@Chuggles22 said:

@smitske said:

Okay… so don’t hang on promises. But I would at least wait to see the game before sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches.
I can appreciate the fact that this issue is something that you feel strongly about, but it is now derailing the topic at hand so I’m gonna ask that you please start your own thread about it if you wish to continue.

Just not getting hopes up, got treated like trash already not about to let them do that again.
People should just keep in mind they are not dealing witht he most trustworthy of devs here.
But I will stop derailing after this, making a thread about it however is useless, nobody who can do anything about the deplorable state AoM is in cares for the game.

@smitske said:

Smitske, why are you trying to spread your pessimistic opinion in the forums, you are just crying about everything in every comment.
Why are you even registered in this forum if you already know how bad AoEDE is going to be?

I mean, to be clear, I’m not sure I even have my hopes up too high for this game. I am far more interested in seeing the Devs get on with it, get this final re-release out of their system, and finally buckle down to get a new game.