(Andy's Unofficial) Welcome to our happy forum!

Thanks for the great write up Andy. Goes back to hourly checking my email

Hello there! Looking forward to trying out the beta version after having gathered some online experience in previous AoE games! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

This game AOE is very interesting.
Nice to play.

Não posso esperar para jogar, parece ótimo! :stuck_out_tongue:

connetion problem on wifi

greetz

Hi, I’m new to the forum, and would like to meet new players B)

Game doesn’t work.

Ich habe mich so gefreut auf AoE . Leider Muss ich sagen das es total Enttäuschend ist. Eine Grafik wie vor 15 Jahren. Echt ich dachte da hat sich was verbessert. Gameplay super wie damals Einheiten die sich im Weg-stehen und nicht aneinander vorbei kommen . aber Bitte die Grafik ne geht gar nicht. Schade Schade

Thanks guys i love you :slight_smile:

I couldn’t find where to start a topic, because I have a couple of questions:

• where is the help?

• in particular what is roll-over speed, when I change it it doesn’t seem to make any difference

yeah I cant figure out how to start a topic either. I think you need to comment 3 times or something to be able to start a topic but I’m not sure.

Thanks AK,

I guess I have 1 more to go.

@DeicticMango179 said:
I couldn’t find where to start a topic, because I have a couple of questions:

• where is the help?

• in particular what is roll-over speed, when I change it it doesn’t seem to make any difference

you need make several commentaries to get access to high rank and start a topic.

@Augustusman said:
you need make several commentaries to get access to high rank and start a topic.

Did that, and it still won’t update my rank.
edit: oops, it just had a delayed update, works now!

I commented enough times so that my forum rank is now “scout cavalry”, however I still can’t start a new forum topic. Where is the button to click on to start a new topic?

P.S. does anyone have a list of the cheat codes?

Thanks

@toby999999 said:
I commented enough times so that my forum rank is now “scout cavalry”, however I still can’t start a new forum topic. Where is the button to click on to start a new topic?

Thanks

Mostly of your commentaries were spam

@toby999999 said:

Thanks

It’s actually 10 posts rather than 3, for some reason.

Though I don’t think we need a topic with the title “great” the body text “great”.

There are a lot of interesting discussions around, probably on the topic you want to post about as well (especially if it’s feedback on aoe1:de, there are lots of current topics about that. Invest those last few comments before you can make a topic into replying to those maybe?

@“Pan Calvus” said:

@toby999999 said:

Thanks

Though I don’t think we need a topic with the title “great” the body text “great”.

There are a lot of interesting discussions around, probably on the topic you want to post about as well (especially if it’s feedback on aoe1:de, there are lots of current topics about that. Invest those last few comments before you can make a topic into replying to those maybe?

Wow! Just … Wow!

The level of sarcasm and air of superiority in your and Augustusman’s comments is off the chart!

Let me address your comments (although I imagine I’m wasting my breath here)…

You say most of my comments were “spam”. Guess what? I completely agree with you! But let’s take a look at WHY shall we?

To start a new topic, the “anti-spam” system forces people to leave a number of comments first, before being allowed to start a new topic. Seriously? sigh Ok, so what’s the quickest/shortest path to being able to ask my question? Well, I had to leave a number of useless one-word comments. To which you’ve both taken offence! Instead of blaming me, why don’t you think about the underlying cause of my comments - ie the anti-spam system!!

Literally, you are asking people to actually read topics and leave thoughtful comments, before finally being allowed to ask their question. Don’t you realise that some people like me are only here to find an answer to a specific question, and NOT to casually browse through and read other topics? Further, even if I was just browsing, I would rarely leave a comment. Yes, shock!!, some people prefer just to “lurk quietly” and not engage with others. Trying to force interaction from people isn’t allowing people to be themselves.

As a loose analogy, it’s like you’re lost in a foreign country and you wave down a passerby to help with directions. The passerby says, “sure I’ll try to help you with your question, but first, I need you to demonstrate to me that you are interested in my country by telling me a few thoughtful observations you’ve made while you’ve been here”. While you have no bad feeling about his country, you simply aren’t interested at that time because your focus is on getting your question answered if possible then moving on (back to playing the game).

To go further with the analogy… although you think it’s rather silly to have to comment about his country just so you can ask your original question, you proceed to make a few quick, short pointless comments just to meet his “requirements” then ask your question. However, to your frustration, he replies “no, no, no. You’re just trying to “game” me - telling me anything just so you can ask your question.” He then goes on to insult you for your attempt to work around his silly rules. He says, “Even if I allowed you to ask your question, no doubt it would just be another “spam”-laden comment of no value (refer to your comment about title and body with text of ‘great’)”. You shake your head in resignation, knowing you’ll never get your simple question answered. While thinking to yourself, “why am I surrounded by frickin’ idiots?”, you punch the moron in the nose for wasting your time and creating a problem where none existed, and walk away in disgust.

To address your actual comments…

1. “Though I don’t think we need a topic with the title “great” the body text “great”.” Bloody hell mate, could you be any more sarcastic? I honestly hope you can move out of the shadow of your own superiority long enough to read my explanation above and try to UNDERSTAND why I just posted those stupid “great” comments. In case I didn’t make it clear enough above, IT IS BECAUSE THE “ANTI-SPAM” SYSTEM IS ARCHAIC AND TRIES TO FORCE PEOPLE TO ACT A CERTAIN WAY. Got it?!?!? Feel free to apologise to me for your BS remark that I didn’t deserve!

2. “There are a lot of interesting discussions around, probably on the topic you want to post about as well (especially if it’s feedback on aoe1:de, there are lots of current topics about that. Invest those last few comments before you can make a topic into replying to those maybe?”

The first thing I did when I got to these forums was DO A SEARCH!!! And guess what? I didn’t find a topic that addressed/answered my question. But hey, thanks for ASSUMING i didn’t do a search mate! Oh, and thanks for concluding with your condescending “advice” about how best to “invest” my time.

@toby999999 said:

@“Pan Calvus” said:

@toby999999 said:

Thanks

Wow! Just … Wow!

The level of sarcasm and air of superiority in your and Augustusman’s comments is off the chart!

Let me address your comments (although I imagine I’m wasting my breath here)…

You say most of my comments were “spam”. Guess what? I completely agree with you! But let’s take a look at WHY shall we?

To start a new topic, the “anti-spam” system forces people to leave a number of comments first, before being allowed to start a new topic. Seriously? sigh Ok, so what’s the quickest/shortest path to being able to ask my question? Well, I had to leave a number of useless one-word comments. To which you’ve both taken offence! Instead of blaming me, why don’t you think about the underlying cause of my comments - ie the anti-spam system!!

Literally, you are asking people to actually read topics and leave thoughtful comments, before finally being allowed to ask their question. Don’t you realise that some people like me are only here to find an answer to a specific question, and NOT to casually browse through and read other topics? Further, even if I was just browsing, I would rarely leave a comment. Yes, shock!!, some people prefer just to “lurk quietly” and not engage with others. Trying to force interaction from people isn’t allowing people to be themselves.

As a loose analogy, it’s like you’re lost in a foreign country and you wave down a passerby to help with directions. The passerby says, “sure I’ll try to help you with your question, but first, I need you to demonstrate to me that you are interested in my country by telling me a few thoughtful observations you’ve made while you’ve been here”. While you have no bad feeling about his country, you simply aren’t interested at that time because your focus is on getting your question answered if possible then moving on (back to playing the game).

To go further with the analogy… although you think it’s rather silly to have to comment about his country just so you can ask your original question, you proceed to make a few quick, short pointless comments just to meet his “requirements” then ask your question. However, to your frustration, he replies “no, no, no. You’re just trying to “game” me - telling me anything just so you can ask your question.” He then goes on to insult you for your attempt to work around his silly rules. He says, “Even if I allowed you to ask your question, no doubt it would just be another “spam”-laden comment of no value (refer to your comment about title and body with text of ‘great’)”. You shake your head in resignation, knowing you’ll never get your simple question answered. While thinking to yourself, “why am I surrounded by frickin’ idiots?”, you punch the moron in the nose for wasting your time and creating a problem where none existed, and walk away in disgust.

To address your actual comments…

1. “Though I don’t think we need a topic with the title “great” the body text “great”.” Bloody hell mate, could you be any more sarcastic? I honestly hope you can move out of the shadow of your own superiority long enough to read my explanation above and try to UNDERSTAND why I just posted those stupid “great” comments. In case I didn’t make it clear enough above, IT IS BECAUSE THE “ANTI-SPAM” SYSTEM IS ARCHAIC AND TRIES TO FORCE PEOPLE TO ACT A CERTAIN WAY. Got it?!?!? Feel free to apologise to me for your BS remark that I didn’t deserve!

2. “There are a lot of interesting discussions around, probably on the topic you want to post about as well (especially if it’s feedback on aoe1:de, there are lots of current topics about that. Invest those last few comments before you can make a topic into replying to those maybe?”

The first thing I did when I got to these forums was DO A SEARCH!!! And guess what? I didn’t find a topic that addressed/answered my question. But hey, thanks for ASSUMING i didn’t do a search mate! Oh, and thanks for concluding with your condescending “advice” about how best to “invest” my time.

Superiority, no …
Isn’t that hard, read barely and said something more than “great”. Believe in this forum are many interesting topics.

Spam system just work fine.

You just make a rage , because something else said what is correct way to do the things.