(Andy's Unofficial) Welcome to our happy forum!

We just instituted the new rule of three to prevent bots. For a number of weeks we were being shelled by bots ruining the forum. Most of my forum time was taken up dealing with their debris. Since the new rule, I’ve spent literally zero time on bots. They are gone. I think new players will just need to deal with the rule, for better or worse.

@toby999999 said:
Wow! Just … Wow!

The level of sarcasm and air of superiority in your and Augustusman’s comments is off the chart!

Yeah, I’m good at that. You might even say I was joking, but text based slow reply setups like forums often make that less clear than it needs to be, so my apologies there.

Also, yes, I kind of assumed you wanted to start a topic named “my feedback on aoe:de”. You got me there officer.

@toby999999 said:
Don’t you realise that some people like me are only here to find an answer to a specific question,
I didn’t find a topic that addressed/answered my question.

Okay, what’s the question? A lot of people read this topic, so maybe one of us here can give an answer or direct you to a topic that may not have been as readily searchable due to weird wording. Andy in particular has been a great help to people in the past, for instance by compiling a list of all publicly confirmed features of the new game before release. That one helped me a bunch.

As he said the measure is a response to a recent invasion of spambots. It’s annoying, and I have no idea why the announcement says 3 posts while it’s actually 10 (maybe to trick the spambot makers?). This also means that if the spambots are adapted to the new measures they will probably be made to leave a few non-replies like say just the word great on random topics before starting their spamflood. So yeah, we followed you here because we noticed suspicious activity and were looking for a bot to flag. (I didn’t flag your post by the way, as that’s where you stopped acting like a bot.) It’s weird how anti-spambot measures make humans act like spambots…

Anyway, as I said, show us the question, we’ll give it a shot.

As an addition, @“Andy P”: Could it be an idea to have a (pinned?) “short questions”/“general issues” thread in the support forum, for these kind of circumstances?

We can always discuss adding/removing pinned threads. I’m not sure exactly what you have in mind, so feel welcome to draft one up and we’ll see how she floats.

Okay, sure. It doesn’t look as nice as “Andy P’s official question thread” maybe B), but questionbirds are go.

The interface is too confusing, the picture is not nice. Suggest server upgrade online

Please fix soon

And this is why I start in sarcastic mode. The minute you’re nice to someone they disappear forever. :’(

Actually I met a Nicaraguan girl in Costa Rica and now I'm married and live in Nicaragua (Masaya to be exact, we have a cool volcano here!), but the Pura Vida days are not over I am going there this weekend to see some people and hopefully go to the playa too No kids yet but I have a dopey dog I love. Really good to see you, Andy

Working great here on Windows 10 for me although it occasionally freezes for about 5-7 secs then is fine. No crashes so far.

@“DigitalMan Dan” said:
Working great here on Windows 10 for me although it occasionally freezes for about 5-7 secs then is fine. No crashes so far.

Yeah I’ve had very little issues on (fully updated) Windows 10, just the odd DC, which might be on my end.

Ouch… I will never get rid of u… oh gosh!!! By testadeferro71

Welcome

I can’t post any discussion although I comment 5 times?

@conangmattim9x said:
I can’t post any discussion although I comment 5 times?

Stop or I must report to you.

When I play the Custom Game with Cheat Codes Enabled, then first I enter my first cheat code which it accepts but as soon as I enter another word the Game Pauses and gets Stuck. I have reinstalled the game but the issue didn’t resolve. Kindly help. Thanks.

@IamsonofZeus said:
When I play the Custom Game with Cheat Codes Enabled, then first I enter my first cheat code which it accepts but as soon as I enter another word the Game Pauses and gets Stuck. I have reinstalled the game but the issue didn’t resolve. Kindly help. Thanks.

Please read the other topics. There are one with this issue.