(Andy's Unofficial) Welcome to our happy forum!

@Manello1 said:

@smitske said:

If they completely destroy the game like they have with age of mythology and then refuse to support the game then you are not treating the fans nor the game with respect. In that case you are abusing both fans and game legacy for a quick buck. That is what has been the case for AoM, I am just hoping that disrespect will not be given to AoE Definitive too, because it is disgraceful.

It was a great game, for all we kno they destroyed it. There is a history of doing that. Promises mean nothing, too easy to break and lets face it M$ is not trustworthy.

AoM is also part of the age of family, just look at how they treat it perhaps your favourite family member will also be treated that bad.

Smitske, why are you trying to spread your pessimistic opinion in the forums, you are just crying about everything in every comment.
Why are you even registered in this forum if you already know how bad AoEDE is going to be?

Because somewhere I still hope they will do right by the legacy, like I said I love the games I just dislike how disrespectful they deal with them.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@smitske said:

…nobody who can do anything about the deplorable state AoM is in cares for the game.

Go talk in the AoM thread.

Sure, is anyone going to support that part of the forum?

@smitske said:

…nobody who can do anything about the deplorable state AoM is in cares for the game.

Go talk in the AoM thread.

Stoked to be here and reliving childhood with everyone :slight_smile: Let’s hope that AoE DE recovers (and updates) that which has been lost to nostalgia

Thank you for introducing the staff ! I’m so excited for Age of Empires ! Take your time. You have all the time. you guys are however very responsive and it’s very very good to see. Thank you.
I’m glad to be part of this community! :smile:

@“Andy P” said:
A few more noteworthy ones: Don’t use profanity – there are kids around.

Mate! That’s a tough one!

@“Andy P” said:

@Raw1812 said:
Andy, are you the same Andy I remember from the AOEO forums?? Those were the good old days haha

My boy, raw! You still living the pura vida en la playa?

Actually I met a Nicaraguan girl in Costa Rica and now I’m married and live in Nicaragua (Masaya to be exact, we have a cool volcano here!), but the Pura Vida days are not over I am going there this weekend to see some people and hopefully go to the playa too :sunglasses: No kids yet but I have a dopey dog I love. :smiley: Really good to see you, Andy

@“Andy P” said:
Finally, with Monday’s announcement came brand new forum software. Everyone is still getting used to it. So expect weird things. To that extent, please report weird forum issues here. Our very own @rhrmn is doing god’s work keeping a change order list over there.

There are times I feel like my life is a never ending checklist. My cross to bear as an engineer.

The hype is real! :o

@“Andy P” Hold on…Robeyone is in charge of all the franchise? I thought only Castle Siege! :open_mouth:

Thanks Andy! Can’t wait to play the game, it looks terrific!

@Dannysbkn said:
@“Andy P” Hold on…Robeyone is in charge of all the franchise? I thought only Castle Siege! :open_mouth:

Yep, http://prntscr.com/fjz342

I don’t think it needs saying that the expectations are higher than ever. The success story of AOE II HD, which is also already a few years old, together with the extra capabilities of hardware and the improvements in RTS-games makes one hope for a game that is 2017 worthy. It will be very difficult to 1) live up to the name of AOE, 2) stay true to the legacy and 3) offer a contemporary game. I just hope the community stays positive and does not start flaming about something that is yet to be released. We know absolutely nothing at the moment so the only feeling we can feel right now is excitement, hype and hope!

After 20 years of playing AoE I am really exited for the release of this game edition!1 I really wonder what new things we will be able to do! Will there be civilization specific units? I always loved that feature in all the games. Will there be new civilizations different from the one in the very first game?

@WindingSpore23 said:
After 20 years of playing AoE I am really exited for the release of this game edition!1 I really wonder what new things we will be able to do! Will there be civilization specific units? I always loved that feature in all the games. Will there be new civilizations different from the one in the very first game?

It is a remake so we are not going to see big things to be added, only minor ones. The big deference is going to be graphics, sound effects and algorithm improvements.

Wouldnt call AOE 2 a success story, that was a mess for a long time.
Sure skybox finally started getting their [mod edit: no profanity, please] together (or isit FE that is putting more weight in the scale?), but the initial release was bad.
AoM still is, but on the plus side the bad developer got cut out for DE.

Interesting, well it is good to know, I am very excited and look forward to playing the game! Are there going to be any features that make it easier and smoother to play?

@WindingSpore23 said:
Interesting, well it is good to know, I am very excited and look forward to playing the game! Are there going to be any features that make it easier and smoother to play?

There is very little information available right now, but the following has been announced:

All-new graphics & artwork
Multiplayer
Remastered soundtrack
Remastered sound effects
Completely revamped UI
The good old campaigns with proper spit and polish
Countless balance adjustments
New terrains & scenario editor objects
Classic Mode – The original 1997 experience
Plenty a-wololo

@“Andy P” did you can say when start the Beta?

@HaiCinderella said:

I do not know.

@HaiCinderella said:

We are sending out BETA surveys starting tomorrow folks. Then we got to bucket everyone and figure out who is going to get invites based on what the game needs. I know people are excited, but be patient :slight_smile: