(Andy's Unofficial) Welcome to our happy forum!

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@BigDumbHilljack said:
Thanks for the welcome Andy! I am very glad to be here and hope that I am invited to the beta. I am an old fart (48) and I have been playing games and building computers since the days of Windows 95! I am disabled with lung disease so my gaming purchases are pretty limited but this is one the only “new” games that I am looking forward to buying. I have many, many, many hours spent playing AoE (did I say many?) and I cant wait to spend many more in the future. For my PC, I am rocking a 6 year old i5, unlocked, on a MSI P67 chipset with 16Gb of DDR3. I also have a GTX 970, a 256Gb SSD and a 1Tb storage drive. I built this PC in December of 2011 and other than GPU upgrades and failed SSD’s, it has been rock-solid and runs most games @ 4k with medium to high graphics settings…
If I can be any assistance, do not hesitate to holler at me!
Brian “BigDumbRedneck” Smoot

Great! I saw that you signed up for the beta, did fill in the survey that it was sent today to your email? This way you get a chance to be an insider and provide helpful feedback to the developers.

Oh yeah, I am ready to go!!

BDR

It’s obvious that the majority here is older than 30. That doesn’t make me feel alone and actually proves gaming is for all ages.

@Otani64 said:
It’s obvious that the majority here is older than 30. That doesn’t make me feel alone and actually proves gaming is for all ages.

Sorry for you but we are also a lot of 1995 guys/girls . But 30 it’s not old anyway :slight_smile: .
And in few monthes we will be happy to play together :wink: .

See you on the battleground .

Hello everyone! Can’t wait to play the Definitive Edition!

Thanks Andy!! Just waiting to play the game… :slight_smile:

Hype!!!

@Warlick said:
Hype!!!

So true!

Beta is on windows store too or not?

@smitske said:

Lol…what kind of a question is that? Why would they put it up in the store if they’ve said all along that they are going to be hand picking the participants.
Now I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve never Beta Tested anything before… but if I had to guess I would venture to say that they will send download links to paricipants with some sort of a single use code to sign in. I highly doubt that the Windows Store has some sort of back room where the you whisper something to the cashier and they pull back the proverbial beaded curtain lol.

I mean how do they distriute it, this could be done trough the windows store if you have keycodes, and download it trough the store. Pretty much like the beta for gwent on GOG. I have tested some betas before and its pretty standard, I am just asking if they are going to do that too.

i love this game

@smitske said:
I mean how do they distriute it, this could be done trough the windows store if you have keycodes, and download it trough the store. Pretty much like the beta for gwent on GOG. I have tested some betas before and its pretty standard, I am just asking if they are going to do that too.

@Chuggles22 said:

@smitske said:

Lol…what kind of a question is that? Why would they put it up in the store if they’ve said all along that they are going to be hand picking the participants.
Now I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve never Beta Tested anything before… but if I had to guess I would venture to say that they will send download links to paricipants with some sort of a single use code to sign in. I highly doubt that the Windows Store has some sort of back room where the you whisper something to the cashier and they pull back the proverbial beaded curtain lol.

Most likely they are going to distribute it through Windows store. It the safer and more convenient (at least for them) solution.

Seems the most logical to me too, shame not going to get the windows store.

@Chuggles22 said:

@smitske said:

You can redeem codes in the Windows Store for unlisted apps and games. I played the Fable Legends beta this way.

@“Andy P” said:
Hi everyone.

Monday’s announcement of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has drawn quite a crowd around here. We’ve got thousands of new lurkers and hundreds of new posters. It’s awesome.

I want to give everyone some bearings on who is who and what is what:

This is the official forum for Age of Empires. Until just recently, it contained the forum for the mobile/PC tower defense game, Age of Empires: Castle Siege. [The Castle Siege forum now lives separately](https://forums.castlesiegegame.com/ "Age of Empires: Castle Siege forum “The Castle Siege forum now lives separately”), though many of us are active both places.

On the whole, everyone does a terrific job of keeping this community at least one or two notches above the normal nasty internet anonymous squabbling and trolling garbage. Please remember we are all here simply to discuss a video game and that there are actual human beings behind every post.

As this is the official forum, you will see a few Microsoft folks around. I don’t want to speak for them, but by way of very short introductions (and at risk of forgetting someone):

@Robeyone is our Emperor. He’s the head producer of the series and a great guy. As a video game developer, his job is to develop video games. So he visits the forum, but tends to be quiet and stay up in his tower, looking wisely on the crowd below. We should have a special badge for people who can actually elicit a quoted response from our Emperor.

@jennywaboom and @Plus2Joe are Microsoft’s Community Managers – the staff in charge of this forum. They are the folks who handle support issues, forum questions, etc.

Underneath these guys are five of us Volunteer Community Moderators. We are just regular players from around the world. We each just kinda hung out on the forum for a while and eventually were asked to help out. We are: @AnotherRiddle, @Chuggles22, @InflamedNut2, @“Wicked Wulf”, and me, @“Andy P”. We VCMs try to balance being both fans of the series and forum cops. Meanwhile, we are also bouncing around between this forum and the Age of Empires: Castle Siege forum.

Then there is @dariakus. He was our Emperor right before robeyone. dariakus no longer works on the series, so he isn’t here in any official capacity. But it’s super cool to have AoE alumni around, and he obviously knows a lot more than he may let on.

The forum rules can be found here. A few more noteworthy ones: Don’t use profanity – there are kids around. Don’t try to turn the forum into a courthouse – don’t publicly accuse people of cheating or other things, don’t use the forum as a platform to fight with moderators about our moderator actions (or inactions). Use private message to report bad behavior. If you don’t like what a VCM says or does, feel very welcome to report us to our bosses, @Plus2Joe and @jennywaboom.

You can certainly still complain publicly about the game and stuff like that. That’s much of why this forum exists. Just don’t be nasty about it.

Finally, with Monday’s announcement came brand new forum software. Everyone is still getting used to it. So expect weird things. To that extent, please report weird forum issues here. Our very own @rhrmn is doing god’s work keeping a change order list over there.

Anyways, welcome, and be excellent to each other.

-Andy

Nice job, i’m glad to be part of this community :wink:

@Chuggles22 said:

@smitske said:
So is that emporer dude also responsible for the complete disgrace AoM TOTD is? If yes I found the person to nagg against ;p
Or is he the replacement for skybox lab their inadequence?

Idk anything about what you’re referring to, as my AoE experience so far rests only on about 3 years of Castle Siege. Small potatoes compared to some people I’ve known for a while or have met in the last couple days (I think it’s very cool to see so many veterans coming out of the woodworks)
But what I do know is that Robeyone has been with the team for roughly a year. You’ll have to use that info to draw your own conclusions as to who is “responsible” for what.

@“Antonio Pelusi” said:

@Chuggles22 said:

@smitske said:
So is that emporer dude also responsible for the complete disgrace AoM TOTD is? If yes I found the person to nagg against ;p

Idk anything about what you’re referring to, as my AoE experience so far rests only on about 3 years of Castle Siege. Small potatoes compared to some people I’ve known for a while or have met in the last couple days (I think it’s very cool to see so many veterans coming out of the woodworks)
But what I do know is that Robeyone has been with the team for roughly a year. You’ll have to use that info to draw your own conclusions as to who is “responsible” for what.

The actual team that creates this game is called “Forgotten Empires” they have some members of ensemble studio and they are the creators of AoE 2 expansions.

And the ones that bodged up the AoM expansion (and EE) together with skybox.

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@“Antonio Pelusi” said:

@Chuggles22 said:

@smitske said:

The actual team that creates this game is called “Forgotten Empires” they have some members of ensemble studio and they are the creators of AoE 2 expansions.

Okay thanks :wink:

@smitske said:
And the ones that bodged up the AoM expansion (and EE) together with skybox.

Yep, these guys