(Andy's Unofficial) Welcome to our happy forum!

Hey All, This has to be the best gaming news I’ve heard all year, AOE made me a RTS fan and i spent many years playing on Zone with friends. So much fun can’t wait to get back into it!

One of my favorite games is coming back!!! Thnks. Can’t wait for AoE

Thanks for the big happy welcome guys :smiley:
I can’t wait to get hold of this!
Also, I liked AoM and don’t care who knows it :wink:
Raz
x

Very good to see this entire community.!

@chen.te.92@hotmail.com said:
Very good to see this entire community.!

Can’t agree more on this!

AOE has had a huge impact on me, started playing when I was 9 back in '98. It teached me English, it teached me how to play with the PC, I made friends (for the first time), it made me realize how much I love history and RTS games. I can remember playing it around and near all of my major childhood memories. I had a car accident when I was 15 years old, had a major concussion… They recommended me 2 (or 4, don’t remember well) weeks of dark room and a lot of sleep. Nope, same day: was playing AOE online on the ZONE. haha. I kept having major headaches for years after that though, totally worth it :smiley:
Haha, can’t wait to get back into it !! Thank you!!

the hype train arrive to my brain

@HaleManatee1324 said:
AOE has had a huge impact on me, started playing when I was 9 back in '98. It teached me English, it teached me how to play with the PC, I made friends (for the first time), it made me realize how much I love history and RTS games. I can remember playing it around and near all of my major childhood memories. I had a car accident when I was 15 years old, had a major concussion… They recommended me 2 (or 4, don’t remember well) weeks of dark room and a lot of sleep. Nope, same day: was playing AOE online on the ZONE. haha. I kept having major headaches for years after that though, totally worth it :smiley:

Are you serious? :smirk:

Hi everyone. I am mainly a RON player but I would like to try AOE. I cannot wait…omg the new AOE looks good!

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@HaleManatee1324 said:

Are you serious? :smirk:

Yes sir! :wink:

The more I look at this forum the more I believe there is still a big share of fans in the world :smile:

@Otani64 said:
The more I look at this forum the more I believe there is still a big share of fans in the world :smile:

You are correct :slight_smile: it is amazing that so many people are still fans of it

hola
que tal?

I am anxious to play it !!!

@“Andy P” said:
Hi everyone.

Monday’s announcement of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has drawn quite a crowd around here. We’ve got thousands of new lurkers and hundreds of new posters. It’s awesome.

I want to give everyone some bearings on who is who and what is what:

This is the official forum for Age of Empires. Until just recently, it contained the forum for the mobile/PC tower defense game, Age of Empires: Castle Siege. [The Castle Siege forum now lives separately](https://forums.castlesiegegame.com/ "Age of Empires: Castle Siege forum “The Castle Siege forum now lives separately”), though many of us are active both places.

On the whole, everyone does a terrific job of keeping this community at least one or two notches above the normal nasty internet anonymous squabbling and trolling garbage. Please remember we are all here simply to discuss a video game and that there are actual human beings behind every post.

As this is the official forum, you will see a few Microsoft folks around. I don’t want to speak for them, but by way of very short introductions (and at risk of forgetting someone):

@Robeyone is our Emperor. He’s the head producer of the series and a great guy. As a video game developer, his job is to develop video games. So he visits the forum, but tends to be quiet and stay up in his tower, looking wisely on the crowd below. We should have a special badge for people who can actually elicit a quoted response from our Emperor.

@jennywaboom and @Plus2Joe are Microsoft’s Community Managers – the staff in charge of this forum. They are the folks who handle support issues, forum questions, etc.

Underneath these guys are five of us Volunteer Community Moderators. We are just regular players from around the world. We each just kinda hung out on the forum for a while and eventually were asked to help out. We are: @AnotherRiddle, @Chuggles22, @InflamedNut2, @“Wicked Wulf”, and me, @“Andy P”. We VCMs try to balance being both fans of the series and forum cops. Meanwhile, we are also bouncing around between this forum and the Age of Empires: Castle Siege forum.

Then there is @dariakus. He was our Emperor right before robeyone. dariakus no longer works on the series, so he isn’t here in any official capacity. But it’s super cool to have AoE alumni around, and he obviously knows a lot more than he may let on.

The forum rules can be found here. A few more noteworthy ones: Don’t use profanity – there are kids around. Don’t try to turn the forum into a courthouse – don’t publicly accuse people of cheating or other things, don’t use the forum as a platform to fight with moderators about our moderator actions (or inactions). Use private message to report bad behavior. If you don’t like what a VCM says or does, feel very welcome to report us to our bosses, @Plus2Joe and @jennywaboom.

You can certainly still complain publicly about the game and stuff like that. That’s much of why this forum exists. Just don’t be nasty about it.

Finally, with Monday’s announcement came brand new forum software. Everyone is still getting used to it. So expect weird things. To that extent, please report weird forum issues here. Our very own @rhrmn is doing god’s work keeping a change order list over there.

Anyways, welcome, and be excellent to each other.

-Andy

Thank you Handy Andy, this was really handy. Everyone on the Microsoft team seems awesome and fun and a big thank you for all the work you guys put into the AOE Empire (Community). I’m super hyped to see some awesome things from y’all. c:

Bonjour à toutes et à tous !

Nice to be here, can’t wait to share things with all of you guys :slight_smile: Thanks to the community team !
May the Wololo be with you.

Hello, everyone!

• Wait, who’s this guy?
  • It’s James, buddy. Don’t you know him?
  • Nope sorry.
  • The biggest fan of Age of Empires!

Oh, he’s right, I am.
Just like everyone else here I guess :smiley:

I’m just here to say that I’m really happy to be a part, as small as it is, of the optimization and finalization of Age of Empires Definitive Edition. I’m really impressed by the work already done and I’m sure everyone here can add his own peace of work.

So see you all soon.

James

Welcome, James. We have been expecting you.

@“Andy P” said:
Welcome, James. We have been expecting you.

LOL :slight_smile:

I’m new to the forums, but I’m happy with this announcement, thanks @“Andy P” for your kindness in welcoming all of us to the forums.
Regards,
Edelényd