(Andy's Unofficial) Welcome to our happy forum!

Very nice to see AoE getting spun back up to current times, will be a welcomed time consumer for me!

-CodeHeadTheo

Okay Okay… I found the website … “Interesting”. I singed up for Beta … “Eh, we’ll see”. Received survey on Friday… “Wait, is this for real”? I check forums Monday… Everyone is getting pumped!!

So thankful you guys are giving us the opportunity to relive our best gaming moments. I know this is going to be a tremendous undertaking, but with the right combination of mods and community support we can make this GREAT! Super Happy guys, thanks for the exciting news!

My Best,
Holymuscles

wow…cant believe i’d be playing my first strategy based game for over 15 years ago again, revamped. Old memories…

Sooooooo many nights spent at as a youth LAN partying it up with AOEII then III. Extremely pumped that there is movement in a refreshed game coming out. Just picked up AOEIII again randomly and doing a google search it appears I picked the right time for that! Looking like there won’t be much support for Mac… Please keep required specs reasonable so that I can pick up a PC at a reasonable price to play this.

@“Baby 0llie” said:
Sooooooo many nights spent at as a youth LAN partying it up with AOEII then III. Extremely pumped that there is movement in a refreshed game coming out. Just picked up AOEIII again randomly and doing a google search it appears I picked the right time for that! Looking like there won’t be much support for Mac… Please keep required specs reasonable so that I can pick up a PC at a reasonable price to play this.

Only Windows 10 but the specs are ok (look the photo)

8-10gb seems a lot though…

I am pleasantly surprised to know that AOE is coming back. <3 . It was the best strategy game every with great mix of history, strategy and tactics.

@smitske said:

Maybe back in the early 2000s, but most Xbox games nowadays require a minimum installation of that size. Just downloaded a 5GB update for BF1.

Thanks for pointing out the details that were right in front of me Monk. Reminds me of my wife…

@“Baby 0llie” said:

@smitske said:

Maybe back in the early 2000s, but most Xbox games nowadays require a minimum installation of that size. Just downloaded a 5GB update for BF1.

Thanks for pointing out the details that were right in front of me Monk. Reminds me of my wife…

But this isnt a neam game with all the visuals those games have.
For it being a remade version it has multiple times the space needed compared to the original which just seems off.

@smitske said:

@“Baby 0llie” said:

@smitske said:

But this isnt a neam game with all the visuals those games have.
For it being a remade version it has multiple times the space needed compared to the original which just seems off.

4k graphics=space

Thanks for the welcome Andy.

Stoked for the second coming of AoE! - Can’t wait to play that “new but old” jazz you seem to have going.

I’m just finding out about this now and I am beyond hyped! Looks like a full remake instead of a remaster.

thank you

I am so pumped for this beyond my own belief! Favorite game of all time – wishing for a competitive scene again and the renewal of Age of Empires 2 most hopefully.

Blessings to all those involved making this experience possible in this age.

HI there, great that AOE has finally been brought back!

any news about the beta so far?

Andy, I do not understand Markdown, have read it over and over, just not getting it, can you help me with this?

@SeaPetals said:
Andy, I do not understand Markdown, have read it over and over, just not getting it, can you help me with this?

Can you be more specific, which markdown?

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@SeaPetals said:

Can you be more specific, which markdown?
@rhrmm…helped me yesterday with this, its the Markdown just under this. thank you Sir.

@NIKOS18 said:
Hey guys, Im not an active forum person but glad to meet you, hopefully we can play together sometimes, either AoE1 or 2 HD :smile:

I would love to have some games with you if you are able, I’m active on voobly and GameRanger (Epd999 or EpiD) add/contact me if you want a few aoe1 games.

@smitske said:
Well hes lead for the age of series and these are the official forums for it, where else should I go?
There is no other place to go.

Where did you get that information?