Anniversary Event - Issue with completing Challenges

Are you logged to your Xbox account in AoE2DE?

2 Likes

@dededoritos Yes, i both games with my Xbox account.
In Steam i have link my Steam account with my Xbox account

because it is from microsoft store and steam doesn’t support this.

Well, since the challenge description says that you have to own the achivement on the steam account that you play AoE2DE, I’m afraid that you cannot complete the challenge with your Xbox copy of AoE1DE.

It’s a bummer that it works this way.

1 Like

I have bought AOE1DE on steamlast year, and I’ve also reaned the achievement 21st century like this
However, the challenge with the same name in AOE2DE can’tunlock, like this
I don’t know how this will happen. I hate the bug. Please check it for me and fix it alright? Thank you.

Same problem on the XBOX Account. I guess if you’ve previously unlocked the achievement it is not working.

Maybe click on the top button which says “Age of Empires DE Anniversay event”. My game didn’t realize that I did the challenge before clicking on it. Not sure if this works though.

Not at all. I’ve both games (AOE1DE on Microsoft Store and AOE2DE on Steam), linked to the same Xbox account, and I’ve earned the “21st Century” achievement, it’s visible within account information, but the completion is not detected into AOE2DE. Perhaps there are two possible reasons:

• I’ve completed it before updating AOE2DE to February update;
  • Achievements are not shared between Steam and Microsoft Store.

same issue, AOE2 on steam, AOE1 on MS store, so wont be able to get the 21st CM achievement… not that i care much, its only a cheat code

If I have no Greek Civ how can I make a centurian in order to complete the
21st Century Achievement???

That achievement must be completed in Age of Empires Definitive Edition as it is not available in AoE 2 Definitive Edition.

People on the Steam forum are saying to buy the AOE on Steam then get the award and then return the game for a refund and this works.

2 Likes

That does not solve the problem when having both games from Windows Store like me… :slight_smile:

You should get achievement normally then.

I have it. But does not count for the challenge.

Yup, it’s broken. I have both games from the Windows Store, completed the achievement back in August (even played today and trained a whole bunch of Centurions), but I can’t unlock the challenge.

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.35584.0 4714640
  • Platform: Steam

Self explanatory

AoE1DE Game Version:

• Build 35199
  • Microsoft Store

AoE2DE Game Version:

• Build 101.101.35584.0 4714640
  • Steam

Issue:

G’day, I am unable to unlock the AoE2DE Anniversary Event exclusive awards.

I have AoE2DE on Steam and AoE1DE on the Windows Store, I am logged into XBox Live in both as MattTheLegoman.

The event challenge I am unable to get is: Earn the “21st Century” Achievement in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.

I do not want to purchase a second copy of AoE1DE on Steam.

Even buying a second copy on Steam will not solve that… :wink:

at this point i just gave up trying to understand how anything works
it suddenly decided to detect i actually did it already

still, people that got the games on different platforms should still get this reward, it’s rly unfair to not reward people just because their games are on different platforms, they still supported the games and cared to get the achievement

1 Like