Anniversary patch has broken team games, it needs to be rolled back

I wish they’d stop trying to add ‘features’. They aren’t enjoyable and I don’t look forward to them. I like playing the game for what it is. I don’t like playing the game when it crashes or freezes mid-game.

1 Like

Team ELOs would be easy to fix though. Probably 100× easier than figuring out what’s causing the lag and then trying to fix it. If they can’t even do that…

That’s speculation, or are you one of the devs? I think it could be the opposite.

They made deliberate changes to the late game performance, it’s in the patch notes. Probably they can rollback that part of the code to fix the performance issue, while fixing TG rating could be more complicated (especially to fix it retrospectively).

It’s true is speculation, but a simple change to the algebra is needed. It doesn’t really matter what language they used to implement the algebra. The absolute worst case scenario is that they were using an ELO-change formula from a library and now they need to write one from scratch. As long as the language they’re using is capable of exponentiation and averaging, the correct ELO-change formula can be written in 1 or 2 lines.

I’ve tried to find out where the lag is coming from in my own system, with little success. And I know from experience that figuring out which part of a program is responsible for the CPU use is hard. It’s usually worth just letting the program run longer until it’s finished, but that’s not a good solution for a computer game :sweat_smile: