Announcing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition!

I’ve seen apps in an app store on my android that compare to this. We don’t care for a better looking game, but more to the original. People don’t understand that you cannot recreate a diamond with the same value. You cannot ever make a game that will capture your audience like the original and all you can hope to do is encourage sales through DLC or a REMASTERING of the OLD game. And I don’t even feel like it’s too late to fix your mistake because it looks like you put a school kid’s lunch money into producing this.

i hope you don’t forget (although it looks like you have) the ‘conquests of the ages’ and ‘more empires’ expansions. 4 amazing aoe1 campaigns and tonnes of scenarios on those old cd roms. you’ve remembered the rise ofrome expansion. why not these other beautys!!!

1 Like

Is there a, approximate release date? Microsoft store says Dec 31, 2018 but website says early 2018… That’s a wide range…

When first announced it all sounded so good but the news has steadily got worse and worse.
I feel like giving up completely.

That date is a placeholder. There is no set release date, they’re aiming for early 2018.

If that’s too much to handle, giving up completely is a great idea.

@Player806853088 said:
i hope you don’t forget (although it looks like you have) the ‘conquests of the ages’ and ‘more empires’ expansions. 4 amazing aoe1 campaigns and tonnes of scenarios on those old cd roms. you’ve remembered the rise ofrome expansion. why not these other beautys!!!

Probably because Rise of Rome is an official expansion and the others are unlicensed mods. And apparently, from what I can quickly google, they weren’t the typical free user created content, rather they were being sold by a rival company. I don’t think Microsoft is looking to stimulate that business model, so the full Forgotten Empires treatment seems unlikely. However, if you have those expansions and like them I sincerely hope for you they will prove compatible, or some fellow player will patch them back in. Have fun playing them!

Im so ■■■■■■■ excited to play this game! This was the first game during high school I played and it burnt the passion into me for gaming! Cannot wait for this :slight_smile:

It will not come soon enough

Wish there was an option to play with gates and farm reseeding.

Its complicated because is an teamster of a non too mains> @“JuS So NaSty” said:

Wish there was an option to play with gates and farm reseeding.

Not in this release.

i cant even play the game it keeps taking me to Microsoft store

missed opportunity to improve that 1997 AI; you expect people fork over $$$ for HD skins?

@Xraytwonine said:
missed opportunity to improve that 1997 AI; you expect people fork over $$$ for HD skins?

4k skins.

Hi Cadelin63, Izam here :slight_smile: remember me? what is your in-game name? I played on the Zone as Aloha Archer/Shahizam, I played a game with Herbal Life aka brainysmurf after the launch of the definitive edition.