Another list of balance ideas

I think this ship has already sailed. In many ways the gameplay is completely different than what most of us are used to from before DE. Some of it in a good way, and some of it not.

1 Like

Burgundians, sicilians buff for sure. Then, minor tweaks here and there.

1 Like

The game is mostly balanced now though, thats the point. we need little tinkers here and there to adjust a few civs, but nothing like we have seen hte past year and a half.

well yeah but remember when we were getting big patches every month, month and a half tops? we don’t need that.

Is it? To me it feels that certain strategies are now heavily favoured and the gameplay has a lot less variety than it used to, only really being somewhat kept interesting by the stream of new civ inclusions. I think it’s also why a DLC with new civs is coming out so soon one after the one we just had

less variety then it used to? before DE most civs didn’t even see use. now? we see plenty of different civs used all over the place and only a very few civs see almost no use.

1 Like

I think a lot of that can be attributed to an overall larger playerbase. I am very happy that DE exists don’t get me wrong, it’s way better. But some of the balance changes have been very odd.

i’m talking even in tournaments, not just ladder games.

like which ones?

1 Like

A lot of the nerfs tended to go overboard. Way overnerfing civs/strategies to the point of uselessness. I must admit that the recent trends have been better.

And also some of the priorities were odd, like only addressing Obsidian Arrows recently, even though it was clearly a bad tech.

I agree with MatCauthon on this, I also believe the game is more balanced in terms of civilizations and tournaments results support this argument too

1 Like

care to give some examples?

because obsidian arrows wasn’t abused that much until people saw viper and company trolling with it.

1 Like

cumans and steppe lancers are a perfect example, though just like @anon45959656 mentioned recently trends have been better

2 Likes

that was literally 15 months ago though that the SL nerf happened. were way past that at this point. and face it. launch steppe lancers were dumb.

1 Like

And it would take forever, if I’m going for deers I need the food now, not a minute later. I’ll probably just find myself manually dropping the food at the mill time to time.

The arambai is a CA (not gunpowder since it’s affected by ballistics) I may be wrong though, so just try to train one in a full tech tree game and see if there are differences between before and after TR.

Anyway, giving the s***y range that burmese have (lacking 2 armor) it really makes no differences giving them TR, instead give them the second armor, so their skirms are decent at least in castle age.

You never research BL for scouts, not for the cost but because it idle your stable for almost a minute, you are better off training 2 more scouts, or getting BS upgrades. You get BL only when you already transition in some other unit (like xbows, which isn’t the case for spanish) or when you are aging up to castle age, in order to prepar it for knights.

Also, you’ll most likely be on gold anyway, to click to castle age and prepare for knights, so 100g isn’t that big of a deal.

4-5 SL can already snipe a vill (depending on how many atk upgrades you have) in a box formation, with all of them attacking at the same time. LC and knights needs to pile up and if you are lucky about 2-3 of them will attack.

Now are SL fine? No, of course. Is this what they need? Again, no. With +5 bonus damage it would mean that you need 3 of them, which isn’t a big deal, since you’ll put them in box formation anyway.

It’s not that difficoult now, the only uncertanty is supplies, but it’s more of “knowing if it’s worth or not” problem

2 Likes

My prefered militia-line “rework” (it is actually just long swords and two handed swordsmen):

Long swordsmen
+1 attack
-1 attack bonus versus eagle warriors
-Movement speed: +0,05

Two-Handed Swordsmen
+1 attack
-1 attack bonus versus eagle warriors

Champions
-Upgrade cost -100 food
-Research time: -10 seconds

Supplies
-Cost decreased from 150 food 100 gold to 120 food 70 gold.

My prefered steppe lancer rework:
-Cost decreased from 70 food 45 gold to 65 food 40 gold
-Rate of fire decreased from 2.3 to 2.1
-Speed increased from 1.45 to 1.50
-Elite Upgrade cost changed from 900 food 550 gold to 500 food 650 gold

Making gunpowder before chemistry is bullsht, though I think chemistry’s research time is way too long, and handcannoneers are a bit too weak, so imo theses changes could make some sense:
Chemistry
-Research time decreased from 100 seconds to 90 seconds

Handcannoneers
+5% accuracy

I’m not sure if this is needed but if franks still remain too strong this is a good way to nerf them

Leave Chinese alone, the 95+% of the playerbase can’t get the most advantage out of their bonuses at which point they are op, and the top few percent can use meso civs deliberately to counter them

definitely an interesting one, haven’t seen this idea before for malay but can work out. Altough I have to mention that giving a general buff to infantry may give malay an enough big buff that they won’t need this change

squires: maybe, but not needed imo
strongly against feitoria available in castle age

italians are in a very good position curently, this is definitely unnecessary

these are fine

I have seen a good idea for burmese buffs: make the howdah effect a civ bonus and the UT should be something like +50% trample damage for elephants or faster “reload time”

don’t know whether free thumb ring is a joke

I agree spanish need some little buffs but not like this

No please :smiley:

koreans are fine imo, only buff they need is on water (for example reduction of cost of the hugely overpriced elite turtle ship upgrade)

why??? unneeded

too similar to goth bonus

1 Like

Oh and 95% of the playerbase couldn’t get the advantage of the Aztecs carry cap bonus pre nerf, and that never prevented the needed nerf to them.
Isn’t like all pro players agree that Chinese need a nerf.

1 Like

at the going rate the next few civs to be nerfed will be Chinese, Lithuanians, and Vikings.

1 Like

I disagree with that or atleast I don’t believe that

1 Like

if you wanna see pro player opinions, look at actual tournament pickrates, it’s not that often, because they are afraid of meso

yeah vikings need a hard nerf for sure, if it depended on me I’d certainly take away free handcart

1 Like

involved in 100% of all drafts, most sniped civ by a factor of 2.

2 Likes