Any old school MSN Gaming Zone players?

@gosuKOTG said:
14.) l2ain_2_Search
15.) l2ain_2_KaiSeR
16.) tOrMeNtIuM

**** i remember these guys well, they were on my friends too =) vfc_rack here

Wasn’t it tOrMeNtIuM who created the hacks for aoe?

“Any old school MSN Gaming Zone players?”

Yes!

Hah, I loved the 3v3 and 4v4 RM games. Excellent times. Anything could happen :slight_smile: I was never expert or super competitive but I definitely had some fun. Multiplayer against other people was a completely different beast than playing against the computer, and so much better.

Deathmatch mode was never my thing. I tried it just a few times, but wasn’t as fun without the buildup.

Does anybody remember the Tiny Map or Small Map Nomad games? Hahah, those were a riot! Completely different game, and hilarious and fun. Watch out for those lions, lol. Villager brawl!

15 inch monitor and dialup internet, haha. I remember I found the game because I helped my sister’s friend’s family with a computer problem, and then they had AOE which they got with their computer. The let me try it out since they never used it. They never got the CD back, lol.

I remember… the 2 buddies that I played with (buddies from real life also) on rare occasions (just a few times) we would have our computers in the same house and try playing online. We went through utter hell trying to get the connection working so we could all play in the same game against other people online. For some reason there were serious network issues trying to do that. We had to use a 3rd party software tool called DXPort to manage network ports for the game or something… and it seemed like it still only worked 1/10th of the time. That was a nightmare, but it was so fun whenever we got it working. Ha, the DXPort website is still up - https://puffinsoft.com/

That Zone screenshot is classic @BoU :slight_smile: I’ll see if I have a screenshot to add.

_RCF_Chrono here.

JonTheMad

Btw does anyone know what happened with ROR tournament winner Maimin_Matty? This guy dominated aoe in the early days along with the_sheriff and some more.

Guys we remember msn gaming zone , game was clearly, chat was easy, find member was easy , all was much easyer then this xbox live… and was 1998 … The game now its funny but whis damned platform is not so useful . What u think about?

@DingyCupid64605 said:
MSN zone was awesome back in the day! I remember the ‘elite’ players would play speed 1.0, no fog, RM games. I remember my dial up connection would only last 2 hours before dropping, so I had to make sure I timed the start of games just right!

Anyone remember these players?!
itchynail
exocist
bound4glory
paranoia
Tr3ky

of course i remember them.

@Phaze said:

@gosuKOTG said:
14.) l2ain_2_Search
15.) l2ain_2_KaiSeR
16.) tOrMeNtIuM

**** i remember these guys well, they were on my friends too =) vfc_rack here

Wasn’t it tOrMeNtIuM who created the hacks for aoe?

yep that’s him. he made that resource hack that never showed up in the timeline/eco stats. same for aoe2 i believe. but he did create voobly, so he’s half hero i guess!

remember those macros people used to use for DM? instead of CTRL-B and click legions you just pressed 1 button and it it would zoom through all your barracks? xD

Yeah played loads on MSN gaming zone was Hey_l3lade, anyone who was part of the Hey clan?

AUST_HaPpYman_R / ANZAC_SPIRIT

Good to see you Spooge_R S!

Hey Donkey!

You two beautiful creatures!

AoE was the pinnacle of online clans and gaming for me. This and BFV…

I was LDZ_Thunder168 and or LDZ_YOZA from the lordz clan I miss my old mate LDZ_Akiraza

Hi, ADN_X_Wise_X_ here

I used to play a lot of DM, no priest/no walls/“NO ROOKIES”, XD, oh man those days…

i remember some of my Clan friends ADN_X_TrOnAdOr, ADN_X_DaRkFoX, used to play RoR all day and night… i wish i could meet them again some day.

and remember some of my oponents, at least the Clans… Trucido_ / eSp / ToXic / MaJiK / ImA / DRaGoN / 187_

those were some intense matches, miss those days a LOT.