Anyone who played Age of Empires Rise of Rome lately?

Hi,

When I saw this forum I was very eager to ‘speak up’ because I am a big fan of Age of Empires the Rise of Rome, and basically played almost my entire life. I still find myself coming back to it every two months or so.

But when I see some suggestions from some users, I was wondering who also played Age of Empires Rise of Rome within the last 6 months or so?

And if you didn’t, when was the last time you played it?

Note: When you didn’t play the game for a long time ago (or at all), don’t feel sad or left out. :*
But I strongly suggest you play the Unofficial Patch version of the game. And let us know what you think!

I have been playing AOE:ROR with the Upatch, even had some friends and family LAN games recently. I think the longest i went without playing it was 6months. I always rotate the AOE games, keeps them fresh.

With AOE:DE its a solid bet that i will be playing that for the foreseeable future, can’t wait.

I haven’t played AOE:ROR in probably five months. Not because I don’t want to, but because it doesn’t work well on my system. The unofficial patch may help I will check on that. I remember being excited about AOE. It was the first computer game I bought with my own money, and the first game I remember playing that wasn’t built for DOS.

I’ve been playing AOE offline the past few weeks to brush up my skills. Gonna try online, but I remember having issues in the past with WIN 10

I play every weekend with Upatch in my lan with friends.

Last time I played AoE 1 was one month ago. I’ve finshed (again) three my most favourite campaigns on higher difficulty - Voices of Babylon, Glory of Greece and Pax Romana. All of them were a bit tough, yet very interesting! UPatch gave a new life to, IMO, the best game of the franchise :slight_smile:

According to the fact that AoE 1 is going to be re-released I think it is a good time to play this game again and train strategic skills B)

I play AoE RoR frequently with GameRanger or Voobly.
The Upatch make fun and its a good future patch

I played AoE since was released, and the most time without playing it… a few months so far. This game has been always in my computers, from Windows95 to this day, and when that UPatch was released… whoah, it was incredible to play AoE in FullHD resolution.

That E3 sudden video with that starting ‘Wololo’… I cried like a child.

@the_choson_one said:
I played AoE since was released, and the most time without playing it… a few months so far. This game has been always in my computers, from Windows95 to this day, and when that UPatch was released… whoah, it was incredible to play AoE in FullHD resolution.

That E3 sudden video with that starting ‘Wololo’… I cried like a child.

you speak to me from the soul :smile:

Used to play it a lot of Voobly. Not so much lately due to lack of player and time.

I really want to play age of empires the rise of rome but i cant because windows 10 not let me,it says its not compatible,if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me. :slight_smile:

@AlexSpartanΛ said:
I really want to play age of empires the rise of rome but i cant because windows 10 not let me,it says its not compatible,if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me. :slight_smile:

If you have a copy of the game you must can download & install this Patch
If you have trouble installing the patch maybe this would help

Yes i have, with the help of the Upatch. I also created some new campaigns ( my goal was to create one for every civilization ) and tried to balance the game a bit more by altering the stats of some units…i never thought Microsoft would remaster the game. Glad i was completely wrong :smiley:

I was just playing it today, actually, with the UPatch :slight_smile: Getting my hype train started for the DE

@Totalste said:
Yes i have, with the help of the Upatch. I also created some new campaigns ( my goal was to create one for every civilization ) and tried to balance the game a bit more by altering the stats of some units…i never thought Microsoft would remaster the game. Glad i was completely wrong :smiley:

So cool!. Same here! I still have almost two 20-mission campaigns were I was working on until 4 years ago. It had the option to play the red player (in campaign). But I stopped, thinking the same… Who (aside from some aoe.heaven players) would ever play this…
and now, with the backward compatibility coming up! I think I’ll start working on them any time soon.

I’m a college student (for another month), and whenever I’ve been back at home I play RoR (with UPatch) vs my dad. He’s the only person I’ve ever played AOE against. He used to be better than me, but hasn’t been for a very long time. I’m a little ahead of him in terms of economic management and way ahead of him in terms of reasoned military production and battle strategy/tactics.

He understands the general concept of “making a balanced army,” but still takes it to mean “make an army with a broad mix of units, and then send them all in a big uncoordinated mass.” Or maybe he just doesn’t feel like he could really manage to micro them more than that. We’re both looking forward to DE.

so I last played about a week ago

double post xd

Yep, played some last night…

@BlazingGaming13 said:
Used to play it a lot of Voobly. Not so much lately due to lack of player and time.

Same, also there are some active players at gameranger, but I haven’t played it since 2014 (Starcraft II Multiplayer stole my soul).

@LegoVogel said:

@AlexSpartanΛ said:

If you have a copy of the game you must can download & install this Patch
If you have trouble installing the patch maybe this would help

oh it works…thank you so much!! do you know how to fix AOE II too?