Anyone who played Age of Empires Rise of Rome recently?

Hi,

When I saw that this version came out, I was very eager to ‘speak up’ because I have been playing this game almost once every 2 months for the last 17 years or so.

But when I see some ideas and suggestions, it makes me think a lot of people want it to become a AOE II but then in a different time setting. Or that they only know the game out of a vast childhood memory or something.
Hence my question: Are there any of you who’ve played the game in the past 6 months?

If not, when was the last time you’ve played it? :slight_smile:

note: When it was a long time ago, or if you haven’t played it at all. Don’t feel sad or left out. :*
But I strongly suggest playing the Unnofficial Patch version of the game. And let us know what you think!

I have been playing AoE every once in a while. Well, not really playing, but rather writing AIs and watching them fight against the original AI.

I play the original on and off. Last time was about 8 months or so ago. Ran through most of the vanilla (non-rome) campaigns and also got a hold of the demo campaigns and tried them for the first time. Was great fun. I used to play lan with a friend but that is a long time ago now, ease of access (and balance) makes us gravitate towards age2 nowadays when it comes to mp.

And yeah I agree. This needs to be age1 in style, form and spirit - not a conversion of age2 into ancient themes. Thankfully that is what we seem to be getting.

honestly, 2 days before the announcement i took out AOE Rise of Rome because i fond the CD-Rom while cleaning my room and thought about how cool a remake or AOE 4 would be :smiley:
And here we are with my wish fulfilled <3

@Eptine said:
honestly, 2 days before the announcement i took out AOE Rise of Rome because i fond the CD-Rom while cleaning my room and thought about how cool a remake or AOE 4 would be :smiley:
And here we are with my wish fulfilled <3

Well then, I hope you find a Half-Life 2 cd-rom soon, and think about it. :smiley:

@qweytr24 said:
I have been playing AoE every once in a while. Well, not really playing, but rather writing AIs and watching them fight against the original AI.

That’s pretty awesome. Did you had also part in some of the Upatch modding? :slight_smile:

@LegoVogel said:

@qweytr24 said:

That’s pretty awesome. Did you had also part in some of the Upatch modding? :slight_smile:

No. I have never shared anything I have done with this game.