AOE 2 DE: Things we'd like to see

@“teutonic tanks” said:
Things i want to see for it:
-better grafics, like in AOE1 DE (These grafics are godlike). There was once a gif where a castle was killed by trebs, full HD and 60 fps, the game should be exactly like this
)

Some cartoony+lifeless animation.

@Augustusman said:

Unit skins that reflect the regions they are from. The Conquerors flirted with this idea by giving mezzo-American monks a unique appearance, as well as unique units in general. However, I’d like to see this applied to the other units as well so that we don’t just see standard European troops for every nation. Empire Earth 2 and Rise of Nations did something similar, where, like buildings, standard unit graphics were divided up into “regions”. Far Eastern troops had a look, Western forces had their own, Middle Eastern too. If AOE 2 is going to get a graphical face lift where units are more clear, having this visual distinction might be a bit important. As it is, AOE 1 DE has an issue where we see Greek Hoplites in some detail filling Egyptian ranks.

Too much expensive.

But really if you think about it. They know how big of a hit the series is they won’t worry about getting in a little debt as they know they’ll get millions

I would like to see better scaffolding for under construction buildings and more realistic damage system/graphics ie rams should take great damage from Cannon balls from bombard towers dropping on them and they should remove Galleon and change it to have Cannons (like broadside and Portside Cannons, they were a real thing then). Also, they should change units looks eg the Spanish pikemen/halbidares (yes spelling error) should look like this:
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Spaniard+pikeman&client=ms-android-motorola&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiU_sCprKXaAhWBTrwKHeGcBoQQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=8tnqd8rpVNGHlM:
And their cannoneers would basically look like the spearman and Conquistador but with a rifle. And they should add reloading animation. Shoot. Stuck rifle butt into ground. Powder, compress (with thing you slide out from under rifle tube), bullet. Shoot. repeat
And the militia line would look the same but use broadsword

@“DARK RISER68” I do like the idea of giving the Pikemen conquistador style helmets. Not sure about the rifle bit though, since the Hand Canoneers are not supposed to be Arquabusiers (spelling, I know) or Musketeers. The Hand Canon is a completely different weapon all together. (Far as I am aware). Actual new-world Conquistadors with the muskets and all are more AOE 3.

As for the Galleon, they already have a separate Cannon Galleon unit, no?

@“DARK RISER68” said:

@Augustusman said:

Unit skins that reflect the regions they are from. The Conquerors flirted with this idea by giving mezzo-American monks a unique appearance, as well as unique units in general. However, I’d like to see this applied to the other units as well so that we don’t just see standard European troops for every nation. Empire Earth 2 and Rise of Nations did something similar, where, like buildings, standard unit graphics were divided up into “regions”. Far Eastern troops had a look, Western forces had their own, Middle Eastern too. If AOE 2 is going to get a graphical face lift where units are more clear, having this visual distinction might be a bit important. As it is, AOE 1 DE has an issue where we see Greek Hoplites in some detail filling Egyptian ranks.

Too much expensive.

But really if you think about it. They know how big of a hit the series is they won’t worry about getting in a little debt as they know they’ll get millions

Isn’t simple like that, business like that can take many risks. They make a marketing research and after AoE DE disaster …

@Eininfar said:
@“DARK RISER68” I do like the idea of giving the Pikemen conquistador style helmets. Not sure about the rifle bit though, since the Hand Canoneers are not supposed to be Arquabusiers (spelling, I know) or Musketeers. The Hand Canon is a completely different weapon all together. (Far as I am aware). Actual new-world Conquistadors with the muskets and all are more AOE 3.

Yeah but it Spanish themed campaigns they are set in the conquests of Americas at which they had ships armed with a dozen or more Cannons on each side, like AoE3. But during the Cortez cousins conquering Americas they had this.

@“DARK RISER68” said:

@Eininfar said:

Yeah but it Spanish themed campaigns they are set in the conquests of Americas at which they had ships armed with a dozen or more Cannons on each side, like AoE3. But during the Cortez cousins conquering Americas they had this.

And rifles. Those lived at around 1630-1700 C.E

I would like to see that you can disable the selection of villagers by default when dragging your mouse over an area to create a group, as you can use ctrl anyway to add some villagers to that group.

This option is available in the latest bang! engine of AOE Online, but not in current genie engines. Would be a great improvement for sure, especially now that there are more zoom levels, and it’s not difficult to implement.