AOE 4 main theme and we now know who is composer of the game

AOE 4 composer is Raouf Rectobiasi. Why microsoft don’t hire Stephen Rippy?
Proof: https://www.raouf-rectobiasi.com/about

Interesting. But looks like he’s got an impressive CV. Don’t think it was a bad choice.

Music is really cool

It’s just the trailer music, not necessarily the main theme. And Raouf Rectobiasi probably isn’t the composer of the game music, just of the trailer music. That’s what he does, according to his CV:

Music composer specializing in film, TV and video game advertising

That isn’t the AoE IV theme. It’s the teaser trailer track.

Here’s an example…

The Age of Empires Online cinematic trailer:

“The Messenger” track by X-Ray Dog, now owned by BMG Production Music

Please, please bring back Stephen Rippy, and then do whatever you like Microsoft. It’s just not the same without his music.

1 Like

I’d say there are bigger things to worry about. And there are plenty of people out there capable of making masterpieces regarding soundtracks, and AOE4 needs an entire orchestra orchestra, not just a composer.

A composer writes for the entire orchestra. Pro musicians don’t have much to play if they don’t have a proper music sheet. Did you listen to AOM and AOE3 soundtracks? There are very few composers who write melody and moods like he does. It’s unusual, peculiar in a way… We don’t need blockbuster-esque epic music. We need Age of Empires.

@Xetor03 said:
A composer writes for the entire orchestra. Pro musicians don’t have much to play if they don’t have a proper music sheet. Did you listen to AOM and AOE3 soundtracks? There are very few composers who write melody and moods like he does. It’s unusual, peculiar in a way… We don’t need blockbuster-esque epic music. We need Age of Empires.
Have they own feeling like Rome Total war 1. The music is the worst thing they did and some sounds.
They add elements that make boring. Even less authentic.

@IamDalv said:
I’d say there are bigger things to worry about. And there are plenty of people out there capable of making masterpieces regarding soundtracks, and AOE4 needs an entire orchestra orchestra, not just a composer.

Very bad orchestra. I never thought say that. Because game like Rome total war 2 have better and Zelda Skyward Sword did better this if you compared the humble roots where they come from.

I mean mostly of time an orchestra is better than do synthetically feeling.

ohoh my algerian boy :smiley:

btw from the main theme we can “guess” it’s not a modern time game

I would have requested JunkyXL to create the theme.

The necroing these days is bizarre.

@“Andy P” said:
The necroing these days is bizarre.

Yeah, some moderators could or should take actions by maintaining the forum and just delete all those actually useless speculative topics which are not much at help at all.

Google this guy on YouTube btw. He’s really a magnificent composer. Love to watch his vids.

The music for the teaser trailer was actually really great. With this composer the AOE4 music must be AAA worthy.