AoE at E3

Anyone know if there will be anything on AoE at E3? Really hoping there will be.

No AOE at all at E3 sadly, but I did not expect it to be.

There is still a small chance they show it at the PC gaming conference tomorrow or the day after that (dont know which day of E3 it is exactly). Or at least we maybe get to see AoE2: DE, last year AoE1DE was shown at E3 PC gaming conference.

Why didn’t they show it on E3?

Unfortunately, I thought since they had 30 PCs on their stage, we might see a strategy game, but I didn’t. As @IamDalv said, hope is still up for PC gaming show. Last time they announced it over there, so I think they might do something there again.

@Mehkind said:
Unfortunately, I thought since they had 30 PCs on their stage, we might see a strategy game, but I didn’t. As @IamDalv said, hope is still up for PC gaming show. Last time they announced it over there, so I think they might do something there again.

They did nothing with AOE this E3 which is honestly a bit shocking seeing how much they poured into it last year with the 4 announcement and DE editions, you would Think they had something to share about AOE2 DE or something atleast, but alas AOE seems dead yet again. With that said though Gamescom could have something for us.

Is finish , lol. Wtf… how many battle Royale?

Myeah, nothing, not even the AOE2:DE. Tbh when I saw how poor the PC gaming conference was with all those 2nd hand games I thought no way we see any AoE here.

Was watching the E3 show hoping to be surprised but I guess they’ll announce something in Gamescom.

We saw all of “amazin” looking indie games and tons of Battle Royale (which frankly I don’t care about). Freaking C&C had guts to showcase its horrendous game, not even a screenshot or teaser from AOE…man I am little disappointed at MS and Forgotten Empires and Relic. NO AOE DE 2. Great job, with this we can safely assume the AOE IV might be little late. Forget 2019. It might be 2020 now. Shameful. Stayed up late to watch MS E3 and PC gamer show. But nothing.

■■■■, after the initial announcement last year i read the ‘STAY IN TOUCH’ at aoe4’s page and used to come here at least every week checking. So misleading… it should say don’t stay in touch until we tell you or something similar… so many deceptive expectations.
back to our lives now… there are still the monthly AgeUp episodes to make the News page not look completely dead.

There is zero communication from relic. Their last tweet was: februari 2.
Their last news message was: aok tournament, which is cool, but nothing about aoe 4 by any means for the past 9 months since gamescom.
For the rest of it there are just a bunch of wololo wednesdays nobody cares to much about.
If you compare this to game makers like Sandbox Interactive the amount of communication is a joke. SI literally communicated every single day during the alpha and beta fase of Albion Online. Some days they would show us their studio, or some new ability, or their new employee, or their new map plan. It doesn’t need to be a lot, just show us one screenshot of the new engine, or talk about one civ and the timeline or something like that. It just shows they couldn’t care less about getting feedback from the community until it is probably to late.

@BAJOLI said:
There is zero communication from relic. Their last tweet was: februari 2.
Their last news message was: aok tournament, which is cool, but nothing about aoe 4 by any means for the past 9 months since gamescom.
For the rest of it there are just a bunch of wololo wednesdays nobody cares to much about.
If you compare this to game makers like Sandbox Interactive the amount of communication is a joke. SI literally communicated every single day during the alpha and beta fase of Albion Online. Some days they would show us their studio, or some new ability, or their new employee, or their new map plan. It doesn’t need to be a lot, just show us one screenshot of the new engine, or talk about one civ and the timeline or something like that. It just shows they couldn’t care less about getting feedback from the community until it is probably to late.

Totally agree with you. Relic said they improved their approch with community, but i didn’t seen how. Where are all of these info?

Do not expect any level of communication from Relic.

It’s not Relic’s job to market this game. It’s MS’s.

We have every reason to believe that AoE4 will be built by Relic and marketed by MS, with both parties contributing to community management, just as we’ve seen in every AoE title since at least 2011.

I can’t speak for Microsoft as I don’t follow their products enough to know how good their online presence is, but as someone who has used (and moderated) Relic’s forum for years, they are notoriously poor at communication.

Whilst it would be nice to think that things will be different this time around, since the game’s reveal there has been absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case.

@AAHale said:
I can’t speak for Microsoft as I don’t follow their products enough to know how good their online presence is, but as someone who has used (and moderated) Relic’s forum for years, they are notoriously poor at communication.

Whilst it would be nice to think that things will be different this time around, since the game’s reveal there has been absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case.

Unfortunately I can’t say Microsoft has been any better at communication with fans.

The insider program which launched a year ago promised, “a monthly newsletter from the team providing an inside look at the news and developments in the Age of Empires franchise” and “surveys via email asking for feedback about our games, our website, and our community”. Insiders have received no such communication to date.

What an absolute shower of the proverbial.

vraiment triste de ne pas avoir de nouvelle du jeu :’(