AOE classic series repurchase

How many of you lads have repurchased the AOE series? I recently bought the AOE 3 Complete Collection again to remind myself of how good this game really was… B)

But AoE 3 was awful… which is why I’m becoming skeptical of AoE IV… it better of had the charm that 1 and 2 did.

I have bought probably 5 different versions on CD-ROM/DVD and have bought three on steam (I introduced it to my sons)

@Scizor08 said:
But AoE 3 was awful… which is why I’m becoming skeptical of AoE IV… it better of had the charm that 1 and 2 did.

The Developers are well aware that AoE3 took a number of artistic risks that ended up backfiring a bit. I do not have a link, but I recall reading that. I am cautiously optimistic that AoE4 will feel more like the other AoE games than AoE3.

Age of Empires III was great imo. It added mobs to hunt down with explorers ala Warcraft III, talking historical personalities as AI, great graphics, esp. the water, Havok physics, the card-building system for levelling up cities, truly different civilizations (Native American warpits, Asian wonders, Dutch banks, etc.)

The campaigns of Age of Empires II were better, but I loved Age of Empires III.

I really liked AoE3…the mechanics like treasures and home-city shipments were fun in the campaign…kind of strange in PvP tho.

Also there is no reason to believe AoE4 will be like AoE3…it’s not even being made by the same people. Although the game looks gorgeous for when it was made IMHO.

I have them all and love them all. I too am in the process of teaching my 11 year old son how to play.

I loved AOE III mechanics, the homecity idea along with Age-up politicians to boost your eco/military power. Also the graphics are pretty impressive today for being so old. The only thing that wasn’t good at all was the campaign, yes, they had a good storyline but I expected some historical (at least at most of campaigns) events.