AOE DE Won't Open

So the past couple days every time I try to open AOE DE it pops open the windows store app and tells me I need to install something called gaming services. It also tells me that gaming services is all ready installed on my PC.

What is this and how can I fix it so the game will open?

1 Like

Gaming Services should install automatically. Manually check for Microsoft Store updates.

1 Like

I did. Said everything is up to date…what should I do? Uninstall and reinstall?

Here is a link to Gaming Services on the Microsoft Store. If you click the blue Get button it will open the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10 PC. If it doesn’t say it is currently installed, go ahead and install it.

Since I downloaded the new Definitive Edition (Microsoft Store) I can’t start the game too.
It’s the first time I have problems with starting this game. It just tells me “This app cannot be opened”

Tells me its installed and still wont open the game. Im going to try and reinstall the game

the same exact Problem happened to me and it redirected me to gaming Service whenever i click the Play buttom. I solved it by deleting everything and doing a Fresh re-install. This was after the Windows update.

2 Likes

Same. Did what you said and everything is back to normal again

1 Like

Thanks. After updating my Windows the game is working now :slight_smile:

1 Like