AoE II: DE F.A.Q

The first playtests will begin on Steam.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!

HD already has a pop limit of 500ā€¦ I donā€™t suppose you meant they bumped it up to 1000?

I currently use Windows 7. Does this mean I wonā€™t be eligible for the beta?

Probably not as Windows 10 is still listed as only supported 64-bit Windows OS. Iā€™m sorry for you, but welcome here anyway on the forum of the AOE community.

2 Likes

Not sure what the person who wrote it meant, maybe a problem with the translation from the German article.

1 Like

Is it still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 for free?

If you have your original Windows 7 key available you could try a fresh install using the media creator tool and USB boot stick with that original 7/8 key, it could validate for that computer. I would use separate HDD or cheap SDD for that. You could even create a multiboot configuration. Not supported by MS though.

Actually you should have done this a little bit sooner. Text below taken from howtogeek.

If you upgrade to Windows 10 and decide that youā€™d like to downgrade later, you can roll back to Windows 7 or 8.1 at any time within the first 30 days. Your PC will still have a digital license, so you can upgrade that computer at any point in the futureā€“even after this free upgrade offer ends.

This will only work until January 16, 2018. However, after that, youā€™ll be able to reinstall Windows 10 normally and your PC will have a digital license that automatically activates Windows 10 for you.

Its still possible with some methods, I think the automated phone thing is still possible

I never understood why they made a fuss about this anyway, as long as the used key has not being used with that computer or other computerā€™s hardware id. More problematic are to Pro upgraded computers or laptops which have an original Home kind of key burned into their BIOS.

This makes me very happy, bc Iā€™m a programmer and modder and I love to mod games and twick and enhance games to flavor them for the experience for the gamer. Also very happy for the $15 price tag, good for my wallet bc Iā€™m on US disability, ssi, bc of a brain tumor and seizures. :slight_smile:, Thank you Microsoft.

3 Likes

Iā€™m happy to see you back here again, alive and kicking!

1 Like

Thanks brother, its been ruff, had a few surgeries, and a few family trials but Iā€™m back and good.

2 Likes

Will common units have generic skins? Like halberdiers or knights. In AoE2, no matter which civilization, all units except castle units had same skins . For 1999, it was acceptable. But for its 2019 remaster, I think the Turks shouldnā€™t have knights with European outfits for example.

4 Likes

I personally find that to be a lot of work for every civ to have unique skins especially when players are used to the classic look, and might get confused by different civ units looking different. Perhaps it could be a configurable option, but thatā€™s a LOT of extra 3D Models for something that would just be a toggle option.

2 Likes

HD is here to stay. However I have read that they will be moving support to DE

Can I see Russian voice acting in companies in the future? Or if itā€™s not in AOE: DE and here it is not necessary to expect?

I would like it if my scout could scout automatically as its really just extra mindless micro.

I would like it if my scout could scout automatically as its really just extra mindless micro.
It was cheating and the player must assign priorities in the divorce. We still have rts with micro control in everything and this is its essence.

but Iā€™m too lazy though. Can do it on the civ games.