AoE II DE Marketing

One of the things that I really enjoyed about the months leading up to the release of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition was all of the promotional material and marketing that made the definitive edition feel like a complete work and helped me appreciate all of the work that went into the project.

With AoE II DE this year there has been hardly any marketing or promotional material for the game. I understand the game has been at E3 and Gamescom, but there hasn’t been much more than that. We do not know the name of the AoE II DE composer and have no idea if the soundtrack will be available for streaming or purchase. The list of features for the game is on a German news article and the FE website still shows the features as TBA. There also hasn’t been any Age of Empires II apparel with the game logo for sale or any giveaways of AoE II DE swag. There also hasn’t been any blog posts revealing features of the game in more detail. Will we have to wait until release for features to be revealed?

Given that Age of Empires II is the most popular game in the franchise, I find this particularly strange. I would expect that Microsoft would go full throttle to promote this game but the level of excitement is not what it could be. Tell us in a direct way what you have been working on for months! We love reading, hearing and watching it. :grinning:

9 Likes