AoE III - Sound and crash

Hi!
I bought AoE III just yerterday.
When I run it, the first intro part sounds OK, but suddenly it starts to sound like a thousand crazy rats (sorry, I’m not joking, I just don’t know how to describe this strange and disgusting sound).
Then, I take sound off, begin to play and after a few seconds it crashes, leaving my computer useless.
What can I do to fix it?
Thank You!
I run the game in a laptop Intel i7, with Windows 10, 2,4 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, OS 64 bits. Nvidia GEFORCE.

Try these sound driver troubleshooting tips on:

https://fossbytes.com/windows-10-guide-how-to-fix-audio-issues-in-windows-10-pcs/

When I have sound problems I do this part of the above guide:

To fix audio issues in Windows 10, just open the Start and enter Device Manage r. Open it and from a list of devices, find your sound card, open it and click on the Driver tab.

Alternatively, you can try to update the drive using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. For this –

Select Update driver – Browse my computer for driver software – Let me pick from the list of available drivers on my computer – High Definition Audio Device – Next – Install it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer. Sadly, it didin’t work.
I did what you told me, and the sound problem is still there. There was a little improvement, but the crazy sound continues when the narrator talks.
I managed to carry on, unselecting “sound” in “properties”, but the game still crashes. A few seconds before starting (the “begginers” part), I can’t move the only soldier, and the it crashes, and the whole computer with it.
If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it. Anyway, I will try to ask Steam to bring my money back.
Thank you all.