AoE IV finally played for the first time

Last weekend I finally played AoE IV for the first time on someone else laptop, its gampelay was a great and charming experience overall, I’ve checked the campagin mode. The graphics were picterquse, 360 degree rotation was awesome. But lacks one very basic common sense stuff. The scout has no ‘explore’ key to explore the map on its own.

1 Like

It’s an in-game mechanics that Scout has to explore manually controlled by your mouse. Just like how you build your city… all manually controlled by your mouse. Do you want the AI to build your city too? And automatically send army to your opponent?

1 Like

That would be an awesome feature, I’d love to use that, so I could focus on the fun stuff, one less thing to remember

1 Like

Many things are run by AI as usuall which includes gathering resources and increase and decrease of the economy. I usually prefer that at least for scouts there should be an automated explore option, where you can anytime either manually or automatically set the explorer to explore the map. Rest of the tasks like building, training troops, assiging citizens to gather resources and charging stuff I don’t need an automated option for this.

Excatly, that option of the explorer should’ve benn there, where you can prefer to choose to either manually or automatically set the explorer to explore the map depending upon the scenarios.

1 Like