AOE Music and Legacy

Ok idk if there is already a mod for it but i am going to call out developerts, why haven´t they added the music from aoe 2, aom and aoe 3 to aoe 4, you can add it in a separate pack and put it as an optional thing, is just i can´t understand why aoe 4 doesn´t have it, aoe 4 is supposedly to be a tribute to aoe history in a way, and honestly i feel the music in aoe 4 is not bad but aoe as a franchise have such a iconic selection of songs that they can use that would make feel at easy to any old time players and gave more variety to new ones, personally i would do anything to have the vanilla aoe 3 music in aoe 4 that ost is just so goddamn beautifull and i know people would also love to have aoe 2 and aom music in there. If there is any dev reading this please mention it to the team this alone would make people play a lot more and enjoy games, i know it can sound silly but is just such a small thing that make you relax and enjoy games more.

1 Like

I always found AoEIV’s songs very unremarkable. However, I do not think I would be interested in having the iconic pieces of its predecessors in there to make up for it. They belong in their own games. Baba Yetu is one of the most iconic musical pieces in the industry and the first one to win a grammy award, but what would you think if it had come back again as CivVI’s ost? I would think that the franchise’s creative spirit is depleted. Instead, Sogno di Volare has been equally epic and iconic.

Past creative work should rather be there to get studied and inspire the creation of new one. An adept creator will do that masterfully and so an advancement in the series is achieved like it has happened with the previous games. Else we regress to some form of museology where the newer games become arks for us to contain and worship the pieces of the glorious past. No advancement whatsoever. Imo AoEIV already has enough of random pieces carbon copied from previous titles in its effort to resemble an Age game but without managing to achieve this principal goal, to look like a natural advancement.

1 Like