AOE shouldn't be family friendly

They want maje bussines with china.
Look Blizzard

Corporations wants make business with China huge market.

Sorry to ruin your thing but on their main page ( http://www.ministryofwar.com/) the first image is… a young Roman general.
Of course I won’t deny that Chinese game are likely full of propaganda, and that they are probably biased, but why would Microsoft follow these rules all way long? If they really needed to do that for the Chinese market then 1-they would create a Chinese only version of the game and 2-they would change AoEDE as well, which as far as I know has blood (just like AoE2DE) and no language filter.

Dude, they literally banned a Hearstone player who stood up for Hong kong (instead of just giving him a warning) and you compare that to a glitchy language filter? Come on.

2 Likes

It has to be if you want to sell this game to younger audience too. PEGI stands for Pan European Game Information and in order to comply with European rules regarding games and children if you want to sell a game to 12-years old it needs to have a strong language filter in order to be able to get the PEGI-12 label.

https://pegi.info/

2 Likes

Yeah, this explanation makes much more sense.

I though it was classified as T

If you give them room to do that. That’s how it starts.

In USA it’s T (ESRB), in Europe it’s PEGI, about China I don’t know. T defines mild language, so profanity should be filtered then. With PEGI it’s the balloon with @*!.

pegi12

2 Likes

Glitchy = non intended. Also I still don’t know how come Microsoft would be China’s slave for AoEDE2 and not AoE DE

Isn’t a slave is more a prostitute.
AoE DE doesn’t have same features and is less popular.
It had no events, no extra content.

It still costs 20 bucks, so why woudl they sacrifice that?

I didn’t knew about all the regulations. Thanks for the info, guys.

Anyway, I think Microsoft could do different versions. One for kids, one for chinese and one for everyone else. Filter should only be active when a player had the kids version.

And it should filter think fin, no BBC or onager

1 Like

The filter can will work in different languages.

I think AoE has tried to reach teenagers, adults and more in the past as well as now.

I am convinced a filter is great, with various ages and nation’s regulations included. Filters, enabling more attention to be directed at the people, game and gameplay.
A filter denying strong curse words, trauma-stuff and propagandic conversations.

If various filters could be turned off through some complicated method, that could be great, whilst easy to turn on the filters.

The blood actually had an importance to gameplay: in classic AOE2, you could tell whether a boar, sheep, or deer still contained food to be harvested by seeing whether it looked bloody or not. Now they’ve taken that feature away, so I can’t easily tell if I’m looking at a corpse or a harvestable resource, and sometimes this causes me to misclick.

As for the battles, AOE2DE does actually have corpses, so that works for me. They just don’t look as gruesome as before, but serve the same purpose of letting you see what died recently.

1 Like

However, you’d never actually see much blood from the viewpoint of on screen game-play.

its political correction, old AoE franchise was for teens and never going so far with this mess.

2 Likes

For me the best indicator of a wasted boar/deer has always been the fact it would turn green, while a hunted one would remain brown. Aldo in DE if it’s wasted you won’t see the “meat” part on the corpse and it will disappear super fast.

1 Like

This is such a weird decision. The word filter should be optional (mod or options screen).
If they want to suppress hate speeches or people being jerks they could add a report feature.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you. Hope they change it in the future or maybe add the option to turn it off as other games does.

3 different version over language filter and possibility of blood? seriously? that’s super dumb.

How about the adults that are blood crazy just download a gore mod and get over not being able to curse in a video game.

1 Like