AOE2:DE in 2022?

No way they would kill of AOE2, as long as there are still tournaments held, even small ones, and that the community is still strong, they will keep the game alive.
I even think they will expand the civ limit in order to make room for more updates. It’s much much easier to update the game and make DLCs than to make brand new game from scratch. Not to mention that they keep getting money from DLCs constantly, even tho the game is two decades old, yet still competitive.
The only way i see the MS kill AOE2 is if AOE4 is a massive success.

3 Likes

Unique monasteries would be welcome.

6 Likes

kill off as in stopped fixing bugs etc.

Anything that involves Microsoft is a downgrade to the game and I hope by 2022 Voobly is at an all time peak with free conversion tool and a reduce of players because what we have now are that most people are civ picker and lamers. We need to get independent from any company again as we saw what this lead to.

Or just ranked lobby system in DE so I can ban these “people” from my rooms

Unique castles too. 20 characters

4 Likes

It will keep the current playerbase and will probably live until quite a very long while

And while I hate to say this, AOE4 will likely fail.

Cause even if it’s a balanced game (unlike AOE3, god that game is only enjoyable with friends) it doesn’t have the versatility AOE2 has (even with the unique unit compositions) and won’t live up to what people expect
I might try AOE4, but I’ll be more cautious about it

2 Likes

They can always increase that tbh

1 Like

Our Lord and Saviour Daut will appear as a playable Civ ofc

1 Like

I don’t know where people live to think they will introduce half a dozen of civs each DLC, as that will not be incredible broken because of this

1 Like