AoE2:DE Kills Network Adaptor

I think I’ve experienced this today. Can’t complete a match without getting disconnected. One time today I had to restart my router to get back on the internet, it may not have been related but there’s another post where someone’s experiencing this frequently.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Disconnects after 5-7min multiplayer play. LAN or regular multiplayer.

I had AOE DE and it was doing this. SO I bought the AOE2 DE thinking they might have fixed it. I need a refund if it can’t be fixed.

funny because the problem still happens sometimes for me, not all the time but i can tell the game restarts my Network Adaptor as after the game inmediately closes after a “crash” there’s no internet (idk if it’s a crash, there’s no message of anything, it just takes me out from game to desktop without any message)

Hello everyone…I FOUND A SIMPLE SOLUTION, Anotación 2020-05-21 011521
I just disabled the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy” (i dont know if thats the exact translation) for my WIFI Card and it seems that the issue is corrected, before correcting that, @ minute 5 of any multiplayer match, my game was crashing or disconnecting from multiplayer. I fixed this today and already played 3 games in a row without disconnecting.

2 Likes

I have a similar issue. I was able to play well till recently. But when I relocated last week to a new country suddenly I am seeing internet speed droping significantly as soon as I turn aoe2 de or aoe2 hd on. My internet speed normally is 50mbps. But right after I turn either of these games on, it drops to 3mbps. Once I close the game, it is back to 50mbps. I see the same issue when I use a phone as a hotspot as well. I have changed the adapter setting also to remove power saving for the driver but still no change. Any idea what is happening?

Mid 2021 and this is still not fixed, what a shame! Has anyone found a fix? except the stupid workaround to bypass the ethernet connection?

1 Like

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE,

The “solve” is not applicable to everyone. Not all users have the technical know-how to do it.

Hello everyone, it seems that I haven’t been the only one who has had this problem; the good news is that I know how to fix this issue, the bad news is that it won’t be easy…

What I did was change the network card on my laptop:

Strangely enough, this time it seems that the software is not to blame; although I admit that I haven’t had much time to play, I noticed that initially this network disconnection problem only happened with AoE 2 DE, but after a few days, it started occurring with other games as well.

There is also the possibility that the network card may have been damaged due to incorrect hardware drivers, which could have caused the failure (although this is just a hypothesis that I cannot confirm). When I installed the new card and tested my PC, I noticed that it didn’t recognize Bluetooth, and I had some trouble finding the correct hardware driver (Windows Update didn’t help me with that). So, if you’re considering changing the network card to solve this problem, I recommend first verifying if the software drivers are correct :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: