AoE2 keeps getting new campaigns with every expansion, but AoE3 only gets scenarios

Cant compare aoe2 with aoe3 really, making content for aoe3 should be lot harder specially making new civ as they need new cards, new units, age up mechanics, new 3d models for buildings and units unlike aoe2. But having new campaign in aoe3 de was my dream since the release, or having co op campaigns. Hopefully the new dlc will get that as well.

1 Like

Of course, in fact aoe 3 would have very good campaigns if they knew how to adapt the game mechanics well… for example you have the missions of gathering experience of Morgan and Chayton and the historical battles of cristobal da gama and francis drake, in which you do not build anything and only get troops by experience or in the case of francis drake loot the Spanish colonies…

1 Like

It does not have to be fictitious,they just have to follow a historical course, similar to that of the TWC and TAD campaigns and of course aoe 2…

Very late for the time period,they can make a historical battle of the British expedition to Abyssinia in 1868…

Battle of Magdala - Batalla de Magdala - Battle of Magdala - abcdef.wiki

Agreed. The lightning pace of the original AOE3 campaigns was fun but I’d prefer more build n’ destroy missions with conditions to keep it interesting, closer to the TAD campaigns. It’s a worn out trope for AOE2 campaigns but barely touched in AOE3.

Yes, at least they are better than those of age 4 aka “defend a bastion the game”… by god that soporific that are the first two campaigns of that game…

Yes, of course that would be the idea…luckily for the expansions they rectified the course and were not based so much on aom as on aoe 2…and on the Chinese campaign, although fictitious, it is based on the voyages of Zheng He and the Treasure fleet in addition to the hypothesis of 1421 that the Chinese could have arrived in America 7 decades before Columbus…then they mixed everything and makes it the most varied campaign of the whole game, as you fight against Japanese pirates, the Indian sultan of kolizhode, and even Aztecs, who had no campaign in the previous expansion and now served as an antagonistic faction of the bad guy on duty…I would tell you that the Chinese campaign of aoe 3 far exceeds the variety of enemies of some of those of aoe 2, say the European and African, equaling any of the Asian … that is the Chinese campaign of aoe 3 is a very good campaign, despite having a questionable historicity and at the end of the day, it is just a video game, the idea is that it is fun…

2 Likes

Sí,igual es poco probable que volvamos a ver campañas así en aoe 3,ya que FE es un equipo chico y sino tardarían demasiado en sacar los dlcs…además tendrían que dedicarse a tiempo completo al aoe 3 y dejar huerfano al aoe 2,lo que no les saldría rentable ni a ellos ni a Microsoft…

I know that creating scenarios is a tiring duty, but dealing with localization team and dubbing all cinematics… I don’t know if doing 3 scenarios per time is more expensive than hiring people at once if they did 5 or 10 scenarios.

1 Like

Sure, sure…we do not take into account the home city…

Well we have all the historical cooperative battles, so something is something not?.. In addition, doing the cooperative campaigns would not be viable since it is always 1vs1 and you have no allies to turn to… the same goes for aoe 4 campaigns…

Of course, that’s the idea of the campaigns to which they should be guided…

1 Like

I hope we get some new campaigns. AoE3 has so much potencial.

3 Likes

At least they can add a whole bunch of historical battles and group them by regions. The single player content is still pathetic.

There is no need to follow the vanilla narrative for the new campaigns. It was not a good idea. And I would not mind a campaign with only ppt cutscenes.

1 Like

For The Asian Dynasties, the vanilla narrative was not followed, and the resulting campaigns are good.

We won’t have new campaigns for AOE3DE… a desperate solution could be a “Custom campaign contest”, perhaps?

2 Likes

Of course that would be a valid option too…

I see it as unlikely, but who knows…hope is never lost…

2 Likes

Of course that would be a valid option too…

I’d propose a dangerous answer: what about a “fully fan made custom campaign contest”, in which not only the campaigns are fan made, but also the contest itself? Something like this:

• A new forum topic is opened; or more than one, if a multi-themed contest is to be opened (for example: fully historical campaigns; fully fictional…);
  • Some rules are estabilished for accepting a campaign in the contest, for example: more than 4 scenarios per campaign;
  • The contest has an ending date, after which no campaign will be accpted anymore;
  • Some rules are estabilished for voting: a single score, or the sum of multiple items (quality, story, fun…, they could be weighted differently), or their average; obviously, the campaign maker cannot vote for own campaigns; developers’ vote is encouraged;
  • And so on…

Unless an “official” contest were started, obviously… but I bet it will.

1 Like

Of course, I think it’s good…although the idea would be to go more for historical campaigns…currently the only one that makes customs scenarios more or less decent in aoe 3 DE and fun is @Troteck

2 Likes