AoE2 keeps getting new campaigns with every expansion, but AoE3 only gets scenarios

Currently there’s not a custom campaign GUI, that would be a cool QoL improvement, altough fan SP content isn’t specially high.

2 Likes

Fan contests encouraging creativity are usually a good idea, but from what I understand it takes a rocket scientist to figure out the scenario editor. Even FE can barely figure it out, evidently.

Seriously? Age of Mythology hasn’t even got any attention at all. You’re spoiled, enjoy what you have.

Or–and I know this is a radical line of thinking–we could have actual standards when it comes to our games. There is zero shame in paying customers voicing concerns and criticisms.

2 Likes

True the scenario editor of aoe 3, it is not that it is very friendly that we say with more novice players…

1 Like

The editor is not so complicated, it’s harder the creativity the rest is learned quickly, it’s a lot simpler for players it’s 100x mieu than age of empire IV because is recommended developer qualities to better understand because you have to code if you script

1 Like

I promise you it’s simpler than you think, I used the editor of starcraft 2, dawn of war, compagny of heroe, command & conquer 3 and I can assure you that it is intended for players however I agree that the age editor of empire IV is not at all turned towards beginners.

1 Like

Ok,yes I tried it as a kid to the stage editor and it overwhelmed me a little, but I think if you see some guides maybe you will grab his hand …

The editor is not terrible when it comes to complexity. It’s more advanced-complicated than one in Age of Kings, because AoE3 is a more complicated game.
The main problem was and still is (since it’s almost the same editor as in 2005) that it’s just insufficiently refined and developed to be pleasant to use.

You can get work done, but it’s clunky and more time-consuming than it should be. And for Definitive Edition- it’s certainly unpolished and no doubt it received very low priority and resources for any upgrade.
To see any improvement it needs to be rebuilt. Not from scratch of course, but with some elements like GUI and menu design- there is a lot of room for improvements.

It never felt like it received good care to make sure it was approachable and intuitive. Without any tutorials you can eventually learn by yourself, but to be popular among larger group of players- that’s not enough.

Not only in DE it’s not overhauled, but as time went on with the release of TWC and TAD it wasn’t being taken care of.

Of course I understand… I tried to do the battle of trafalgar and it didn’t go quite right…