AoE2 math - Let's look at different ingame villager counts

This seems like a great idea to make everyone happy!

2 Likes

Does anyone knows if this will make it to the next big patch? It is announced as the biggest patch every, so it must contain a lot of QoL improvements and this one seems like an easy fix to me. Making this consistent shouldnt be that hard for the devs.

1 Like

2.5 months later and it looks like it is still not fixed. There was a big patch, some hotfixes, … But they seems to forget to include this fix.

1 Like

I really hope the devs will implement this quickly. It seems like a quick fix for them, but it will solve the major annoyance.

1 Like

Ranked TG elo was bugged for ages before it got fixed. I dont expect any changes of this country in the near future.

1 Like

I disagree. Those numbers on game interface indicates your current eco workers. Vills number is just that, a vills amount that you have, you can do more with them, than just using them for gathering. If you want to know how strong is your eco than you just look on specific resource, which includes trade carts and fishing ships and that is plenty of informations.

Imo using vills indicator for managing your eco is an over simplification.

I disagree with that. I never have had the need of knowing exactly how many villagers i have. What i do what to know is the amount of units able to gather resources. That is the important measure. Upon the total number you have the breakdown into each resource. Together they should inform you about your non-military population.

It doesnt really matter if they are villagers, trade cars/cogs or fishing ships.

Hi all. I made this post about a half year ago. I am not really active. Can someone give me an update about this situation? Is it already be fixed? Will it be part of the next patch? Are the devs working on this at all?