In some rare circumstances, players will encounter the above error when trying to create a multiplayer account in the Steam version of the Age of Empires III: Complete Collection. If you purchased the game through Steam, it is recommended that you reach out to the Steam Support team with the following information:
- Contact Steam Support: https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpCompletePackagePurchase?appid=105450
- Your Steam account name (the one you use to login, NOT your display name)
- The CD key of your game
- A detailed description of the issue
If Steam is able to verify your information, they will issue you a new CD key. Once you have that, you must follow these steps BEFORE launching the game or making any other changes in your Steam client:
- Uninstall the Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
- Reinstall the game.
- Launch the game with the new CD key.
If you continue to have trouble, you can try visiting the official Discord server for additional troubleshooting tips. If you cannot address the issue, it is recommended that you refund your purchase through Steam and await the arrival of the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, which will address and offer support for issues such as these.
Good luck, and we’ll see you online!