- BUILD #: 100.12.1529.0 (132601)
- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10 2004 (up to date)
- Hardware: Gigabyte Z490UD / Intel i5-10600K / 64GB RAM / Sapphire Radeon 5700XT Nitro+
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.
I’m running a system with a 5700XT. As most of us have experienced and has been reported multiple times on this forum, FPS is currently fluctuating wildly when playing the current release of AoE3 DE. That being said, when the game is running normally or when viewing the main menu / deck creator, my 5700XT starts to take off, as there is no FPS cap / refresh rate option available in AoE3 DE, which was available in AoE3 CC. Unlike -for example- counter strike, Age of Empires does not need extremely high framerates for a smooth playing experience. Introducing a FPS cap or refresh rate cap feature would help reduce unnecessary load and power draw on graphics cards.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Go into main menu, deck creator or simply a well running LAN/online game.
- Notice unnecessarily high FPS and GPU load on well equipped systems when the game is running well.
What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
With the introduction of a FPS or refresh rate cap, GPU load, power usage, noise and FPS could be kept under control.
What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
Unnecessarily high FPS, high GPU load, high power draw, high fan speed (noise) in menu as well as in certain in-game situations.