AoE3 player tries AoE2

Funny Franks Krush all day.

10 Likes

Maybe the new civis will bring more in.

2 Likes

AussieDrongo is an AoE3 player, for the most part, I do not think he will ever fully transition to AoE2, nor do I think it would be fair for the AoE3 community to start losing even more content creators.

But I do urge all AoE fans to play AoE2 once in a while, because it is the series’ highpoint, and has the best gameplay.
AoE2 is just one of the best games ever made, up there with Doom 2, Baldur’s Gate 2, C&C Red Alert 2, Half Life 2 and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

And yes, most of those are sequels, game IPs seem to top their mark on History, on their second game in the franchise.
Probably why Valve does not want to make HL3, since 3s have a huge history of disappointing previous game’s fans, and not living up to the gameplay of the first 2 parts, with the 2s being an overall improvement on the original gameplay of the franchise, and 3s being almost always a departure.

3 Likes

Whats the income of an AOE3 Pro?

Income?
Pro-gamers tend to make money from prizes and sponsorship, not income, and the pro scene for AoE3 is dead, meaning taht you better be playing another game if you want to make money gaming, or have a job and play tournaments when available.

AoE2 pros also have no income from the game.

twitch and youtube. sure they don’t make money from microsoft for playing, but Viper doesn’t work another job.

2 Likes

Yeah i found that weird as well. Nothing against AussieDrongo, he sure plays aoe3 well (i cant really judge, dont know the game too good), but a professional is after all who does something for a living…

1 Like

Also vice versa, I kindly also urge players from AoE 2 to also try AoE 3 they’re like brothers from another mother. I find it entertaining when Viper and Daut also plays AoE 3 especially the campaign runs by Viper. I dunno but when I play AoE 3’s campaign is more relaxing than AoE 2’s campaign so if you want a calming game try AoE 3 DE’s singleplayer content too. Oh yea multiplayer is stressful in both games though /11

P.S. I don’t think quality has to do with games being trilogy, just look at Warcraft 3, C&C 3 and Cossacks 3, it all depends on the production management and listening to community feedback. Just don’t remind me of Dawn of War 3 (Relic) so AoE 4 hopefully will not suffer the same fate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He is super good, he sometimes get matched against pros.

1 Like

But…what pros? A pro is someone who plays the game for a living. Are there any people earning enough money with aoe3 to not work another job? And even if, getting matched with pros certainly does not make you a pro…

Oh in this case I meant pro = top player. If you mean pro = plays for a living then there are likely none for AoE3.

3 Likes

That is because AoE3 does not generate enough interest to have content creators actually living off of it.

2 Likes

Another one:

Say what you will, but he is entertaining to watch.
He actually makes Franks, the truest One-Trick Pony civ in the game, fun to watch!

3 Likes

Well all-in strategies aren’t really new, and domination is easy when you’ve learnt macro in AoE3 and you’re matched against opponents whose plan is drush into boom into nothing. But hey, ig clickbait is the rule of the game nowadays.

1 Like

Drongo is more of a memer than most AoE pros, so he focuses more on the entertainment aspect instead of perfected gameplay or truthful video titles.

He wants to wow his audience, more than provide in-depth gameplay analysis.

3 Likes

I’m practically 100% sure he’s only picking up AOE 2 at the time in order to try to attract a wider audience of AOE players before he transitions to AOE 4. Sprinkle in a couple AOE 2 games over a few days just to mix up the audience that his videos get sent to and then he’s got a wider viewerbase to draw from when he makes AOE 4 content. It makes sense.

He’s got enough of a following that if he wanted to actually be halfway decent at AOE 2 he could find someone willing to coach him today, if just studying build orders and practice isn’t his shrimp on the barbie. The fact that he proceeds to jump into it blind and bumbling is evidence enough that this is a self-marketing ploy. He’s smart enough.

3 Likes

he does not care for the AoE2 competitive scene, and is more of an entertainer.
Combine that with AoE3 DE videos not doing so well, as interest in that game sunk (like I always said it would) and it makes sense he dips his toes in AoE2 DE.

well if he could avoid picking Franks all the time and then claim AoE2 civs are less diverse than AoE3 ones that would be even smarter

4 Likes

He’s doing the “I’m going in blind” routine and he chose that civ off a snip of a video from SOTL talking about “what you should know before playing online” but he clearly knows the basics from other videos or some past experience. He started out with the intention of playing it dumb. I think he wanted to appear noob for this series rather than taking it seriously, expecting the former to be a more entertaining series.

Or, maybe I’m giving him far too much credit. AOE 2 is a very difficult game, to be sure. I sometimes tend to forget that I had hundreds of hours into my dark ages before I really learned how to tango and work my own builds. Still, he could have a tutor by now. I’m certain of that. >.>

1 Like

I am sorry, but I just had to.

This is just too good, my Goth ancestry feels identified with this.

2 Likes