Aoe3de has more people online than aoe4, our dream has come true

If only they had listened to that one Turkish guy, AOE4 would be taking the world by storm even now.

5 Likes

Lmao, well it certanly did not do with with the current selection. Maybe he was on to something!
But seriously, its way too slow pace. 1 unit on qq at a time? Madness.

3 Likes

Even more so right now. Where is our wololo spot?

7 Likes

I like AoE4 (and the 2 and 1) but I feel 3 is just so much more fun and enjoyable to play because it was different. I haven’t touched 4 since last year, 1 is basically dead and I only pretty much play 2 just for custom campaigns and DLC content.

Hopefully, 3 gets more and more content down the line.

6 Likes

We’ll see how it goes after the free period but I agree that it already speaks volumes of what an appealing and interesting game AoEIII is at the moment - opposite to AoEIV.
It’s always been one, but the meticulous efforts of FE to modernize it, fix its quirks and expand its creative vision has really unlocked its potential. Deep and varied gameplay that is streamed from well designed unique civs, paired with detailed visuals, creative artwork, satisfying physics and animations, vivid maps, qol features and so much more. Everything that AoEIV lacks.

6 Likes

AOE3 has so much potential its insane actually. I wish the game had a bigger budget for dev time.

7 Likes

It’s no tragedy.

I didn’t stop playing AoE4 because it’s ‘not AoE3’. I truly wanted to like AoE4.

But a game that tries to build hype by touting a color picker?

I’ll respectfully play other games thanks.

19 Likes

That is true, I would add generic and repetitive missions cof cof English campaign cof cof…

2 Likes

True,I think the same…are different situations, AoE 3 was very innovative for its time, AoE Online issues charisma, but AoE 4 feels very generic…

2 Likes

It is not so much because of the selection of civs, but that it lacks more asymmetry or more landmarks to give greater variety … the civs of aoe 3 even though they were all European at their launch had much more variety among themselves (British settlers with each manor house, Ottomans creating settlers automatically, coures de bois with the French, settlers wagons with the Germans, etc etc etc)…

4 Likes

and thats before we even bring military part of it up, that one part thats completely one dimensional in 4, 2 at least didn’t have all updates for everything on all civs

Imagine having civ only bonus as mills creating settlers, TC with >40 pop slots or turning all your coin into wood, woah, that would be awesome to have it in an AoE game🙄

Now aoe3de has 8615 people playing on Steam at the same time, it feels like it can reach 9000 people today! (I have turned on the game. lol)

3 Likes

Calm down guys, it is literally free. Aoe4 players are trying it out but we will see what the retention will be after it goes back to being only purchasable.

6 Likes

but based on steamdb, its selling really well rn

4 Likes

Now it’s over 9000!

I don’t care how many here hate AoE2 but we can all agree to this:

14 Likes

I’m happy for our community but it saddens me to think about the little success of aoe4.

I was really excited about aoe4, like a fool, I thought it would be an improved medieval themed aoe3.

What a disappointing game.

AoE 3 is the most fun by far, if one day we have a new age of mythology, I hope they take everything good from aoe3. That game can have enormous potential.

25 Likes

This is the highest I saw today. i

14 Likes

The incomplete release seems to have been a common motif of large gaming corporations lately (BF2042 did even worse than Aoe4 lol). But the main problem I think it will not do much better than aoe3 in the long term is game design.

11 Likes