AOE4 is not the RTS Revolution you've been Wairing for

The game was never supposed to be revolutionary though, since the “council” formation you could tell that they would make a classical rts aiming at the currently public of the age of empires games . This chaos installed when people started to realize that the new game would have a gameplay of a 15 years old game and some people (including me) were expecting more. This choice brings the question: is this outdated gameplay going to be enough to bring people from other genres to rts? At the hype phase i am sure it will but after a while I personally don’t think so , unless the game becomes a relevant e-sport fast and people consolidates at the community. Does it mean is it gonna be a disaster then? I don’t think so either, i think overtime it will have an active playerbase at least as numerous as the currently age of empires games, I think the game will have positive reviews too on the stores based on the fact that the game buyers mostly will be, as i said, people that is established on the genre .If this happens it would mean a positive outcome for Relic and maybe will justify their choices. As i said here in this forum at multiple topics I don’t like some of their choices, but i understand them. Would I rather a 2020+ gameplay? Yep , Did i have fun playing the game? Yes and I will sign to gamepass to participate on the hype phase and maybe buy the game afterwards depending on how things go. I am trying to be the least bias possible on this analysis and I am not trying to refute anyone here , just giving my opinion about the future. One thing it is worth mentioning is that I am more excited to see the battlefield that this forum will become at the release day than actually playing the game.

4 Likes