AOE4 Overpriced Opinion

Ask your parents to buy the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But SC2 is on maintenance mode and no longer receives any updates. I donā€™t know how long SC2 will last with lack of official support from Blizzard. Before SC2 became free to play, it cost a lot as well.

2 Likes

nope. too overpriced. sc2 at least have some quality when i got launched and most competitive games are free to play. this is not going to make everyone to pay xboss pass.

1 Like

Microsoftā€™s main objective is to increase the popularity of its gamepass, the AoEIV by game genre and by objective should cost at most half of what it will be worth at its exit.

This is getting wayyy off topic. How did the game being overpriced get to Kermit the Frog and anti-vax shite?

1 Like

People not having a lot else going on in their lives, I guess. Boredom.

1 Like

Around here (Brazil) itā€™s actually cheap compared to places like Eu, but you gotta take into consideration purchasing power too. I mean, the 200 they are charging for it is almost an entire weekā€™s worth of minimum wage work. Thatā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  expensive if you ask me, regardless of exchange rates to other currencies.
Iā€™m fairly well off, all things considered, and Iā€™m still not quite sure whether this is going to be the first game in the series I wonā€™t be getting at launch, despite actually loving it in the beta releases Iā€™ve tried.

2 Likes

After paying full price for dow3 from relic. Thx no Iā€™m gonna skip it for a while

1 Like

Seems perfectly reasonable. Itā€™s the same as pretty much every game.

1 Like

Not here. But, alas, I still bought it.

Discussion isnā€™t about IV not being priced like other AAA games. Itā€™s about value for asked price.

Iā€™m just gonna copy this post

1 Like

I donā€™t see what that can bring to the discussion.
Iā€™m interested in IVā€™s competition. In the engine used in the game. In features.
Honestly I donā€™t play consoles, nor use $ currency.

Sport games suck in general and are terrible value for money. 80% of the content is the same, just slight changes to names, teams, maybe modes. But I canā€™t see this as an argument here.
Itā€™s like pasting screenshot of 20$ skin in some MOBA. Or 1500$ knife skin from CSGO. Yeah itā€™s dumb.

2D argument is stupid but it doesnā€™t exist in IV discussion. Nor IV is a re-re-re release of Age of Kings.
At the end of the day digital games get discounts FAST and I donā€™t care that much about IV bein prices as AAA, as somebody that almost never buys games around release.

So overpriced. Microsoft literally has a net worth over a trillion USD. Yet they are still so concerned about making money that they arenā€™t willing to hire more people to try and fix flaws in most of the Age series (Iā€™m primarily talking about AoE2). They are literally charging me $110 NZD to buy AoE4 when the game is missing stuff it needs, and AoE2, which I honestly prefer costs $30 NZD. I think that microsoft should be putting some more money into their games, it will probably increase their return profit, because people are less likely to leave due to really annoying problems.

Only other game that uses the same engine that is modern is CoH3. CoH2 is almost a decade old now, so of course it is going to be cheaper. Guess what, CoH2 was $60 when released and AoE4 looks like it has way more content than that.

Did I say otherwise? Also, EA sport games suck, NFL2k were some of the best games Iā€™ve ever played.

It isnā€™t stupid. People are willing to pay $60 for the ā€œlatest and greatestā€ Madden when it
-barely changes between entries
-releases yearly
-often broken in many aspects
-has microtransactions
-lacks many features from old titles

but they complain about a game costing $60 cause it is 2d. It is a double standard. Now this doesnā€™t apply to us since we are talking about RTS.
People complain about AoE4 costing $60 yet TW:R2 costs $60 and it is pretty old.

Iā€™m talking about competition - new games that are being sold at this time.

I read that pic, no need to repeat that. Iā€™m not that people, nor these arguments are made here, letā€™s talk about actual arguments.

Iā€™m not sure it should be lowered, but I know IV will be missing even basic features like cheat codes, map editor, simple gameplay modifiers like treaty, option to chose player color etc.

AoE4 is the only RTS I know that is being released. Warhammer 3 I donā€™t count as competition as they are 2 extremely different games that cater to 2 separate RTS gamer parties

Maybe you should read what I say

I know these and I also agree that it is a disgrace.

It is a beta, how do you know they just didnā€™t give us the option?

what did you say that is relevant to pricing of AoE IV?

It might be the case, same with campaign content that is one big unknown.

Yeah, we know that there are 4. Thatā€™s it, lol.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.