AOEDE Diplomacy?

How many of you are fans of, or have played the various Diplomacy maps in Age of Empires 2? I would LOVE to see one made for Definitive Edition. Let me gauge interest~

I do like the Diplomacy maps in AoE:II. It would be nice to have one or two in AoE:DE too. sorry for the plain response, in hospital, atm.

@Torgrimmer Please sir, do get better, so that you may enjoy crushing your opponents with wit, cunning, and massive armies ^^

@AssyrianAxeman said:
@Torgrimmer Please sir, do get better, so that you may enjoy crushing your opponents with wit, cunning, and massive armies ^^

Thank you, my good sir. :smiley:

It would be fun to have this option in DE!

What are diplomacy maps like?

@sonictimm Well I’ve found two varieties so far. First, and most famous is Europe Diplomacy. Which is a map where everyone starts out in transports in the Mediterranean and can settle anywhere. be the first to place a house in say, North, south, east, and west Spain and you’ve claimed it all. Mind you boarder conflicts often turn into war and warmongering is usually dealt with swiftly. Second is more like a Role Play where you have preset nations and a story line to follow and bring them to glory. Mare Nostrum over on Steam is a good example.

I’m gonna have to check those out. I usually just do death match and play for 6 hours trying to kill the other 7 computer players. :stuck_out_tongue:

@ahwm23 Just finished a 1v1 random civ on coastal as Babylon vs Yamato and the last 15 out of an hour and 20 mins was building a navy of fire galleys to force them to quit as they had no buildings but had 7 Triremes.

And the previous 10 minutes was spent finding a random granary in a spot you swear you checked twice already!

@Penelinfi Yup XD

By that do you mean that the AI resigns when it feels like it’s going to lose? (Which would be a great feature) Because I’m having trouble understanding what you mean.

@Epd999 THAT is it precicly, rather than full out. I was playing on Standard Victory too. I expect that kind of thing from conquest.

This is one of the features I’d love to see in AoE:DE, along with garissoning units and maybe, just maybe, even gates for walls.

@Skaalgard said:
This is one of the features I’d love to see in AoE:DE, along with garissoning units and maybe, just maybe, even gates for walls.
No, they said no change too much gameplay, no gates or garrison units.
May be improves unit mechanic like automatizaciones and rally points.

I don’t want an AI that resigns too early. I like to vapourise their base, it’s only the granary in the middle of a forest that is annoying to find :stuck_out_tongue:

How about a spies tech, or similar mechanic so no granaries go amiss. Staying alive because of your unmanned granary is ridiculous!

I wouldn’t mind if it was just a scenario where they are intelligent enough to know when they cant win and GG you know? like “i have no TCs or Vills left, and now he has steamrolled my army, GG.”

Once there was an AI in my death match who had 2 houses and a stables somewhere. You can bet it still made 8 stable units to come and attack :wink:

Do we have any idea how many changes to the ai their going to make. At present they’re little more than build orders