AoEIIIDE steamdb, they add dlc this call "Belfast"

I’m not sure what is it “Belfast” I’ve researched that today Belfast is place in South Africa or Ireland but I’m really not sure.
Anything else you know?

7 Likes

Probably the African DLC which should come later this year.

2 Likes

I immediately thought of (Northern)Ireland when I saw that name! The More You Know.jpg

So, this must surely contain a third (or even a fourth but unlikely) civ in the form of South Africa/Zulus. That’s cool.

4 Likes

If they add Zulus I’ll have no choice but to assume that FE knows nothing, or cares nothing, of history.

2 Likes

why is zulu such a bad addition, at least zulu people existed for a large timeframe of the game which can’t be said for the “americans”

9 Likes

Zulus would be cool not going to lie. What’s your issue with them? They’d work similarly to Aztecs in an African setting.

6 Likes
  1. Too late in the timeline.

2. Not relevant enough to history.

Don’t get me wrong, the Zulus ARE cool. I’ve watched “Zulu” maybe two or three…thousand times. But a major factor in civ choice should include whether or not said civ was relevant to history. A few altercations with the British in the late-19th century doesn’t justify a civ.

The Zulus would make for an excellent minor native faction, however.

7 Likes

This one I can understand, though you would have to complain about the USA though.

This one not. They’ve won against all odds several battles against the British and had a influential Kingdom/Empire in their region. They could definitely work as fully fleshed civ.

1 Like

Both points are true for the USA “civ”.

4 Likes

I think the same. Zulus would be amazing as a minor tribe, but as a whole civ i would think is kind of a stretch. Having zulus because they fought the british but not the mapuche, who drove the spanish out of their territories? Weird.

1 Like

The game needs like 30 new civilisations. You cannot add everyone now.

I think Zulu should be Minor Civilization with 2 Unique Units. The Kingdom of Mutapa should be a civ.

6 Likes

I honestly see them more as AOE2 civ to be honest.

1 Like

But it’s still a better candidate for a proper Civ than the Zulu. Zulu should be a Minor Civilization. Battle of Rorke’s Drift should be a Historical Battle in this game (Zulu could be Mutapa civ + Zulu units - similar to the Somalis in Christopher Da Gama’s Expedition).

If Zulu are in this DLC it will be because of name recognition. I’m not too bothered by it either way.

But if we get a civ called Hausa, it will be less recognizable than, for example, Songhai or Mali.

I think the Mutapa civ is the best potential civ from South Africa.

4 Likes

Imagine hyping the DLC for 3 months and we get this…

1 Like

Huh?

(20 characters)

If we get “Boers” instead of a true civilization. Boers are Dutch descendants, they do not qualify as a civilization, they are even worse than the USA, whom almost everyone was complaining. I want Darfur, Bornu, Dahomey, Oyo etc.

1 Like