AOM news this summer game fest?

Microsoft has a showcase today on summer gamef fest - do you think we will see finally some news about the upcoming new AOM?

And if not which opportunities do you think are still there beside summer game fest to announce the new AOM? I mean 2022 still has easily 6 months to go - still enough time for a 20 anniversary release. But I think it’s about time to get some update (maybe even ingame footage).

Would be bloody awesome to get an announcement and footage today imho. :smiley:

2 Likes

I bloody well hope so.

1 Like

TBH, I’m not expecting a new AoM.
What I’m really hoping is the AoM Definitive Edition with new DLCs.

1 Like

They just announced Ara History Untold. Cool.

1 Like

I suspect that Microsoft will drop a final EE patch soon and announce the DE in August. EE is still in an unacceptable state. :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t expect any announcement until October or November.

I hope we get a AOM2 someday

1 Like

sadly it didn’t happen. maybe some are right and it will happen during gamescom and launch in autumn - or just launch in autumn with a big surprise for everyone. i mean didn’t AoM launched some day in autumn 2002 too?

i think, as someone said elsewhere, that making an AoM2 is in some case more “easy” than making a definitive edition. you can make everything new from the ground up and you can work with a new, more flexible engine - an engine where griffons and dragons can actually both land and fly.