April PUP Notes

w8 i am pretty sure that the tavern tech already provides imperial outlaws, are we double buffing this?

1 Like

The Soldado nerf is questionable without compensation, considering that it is a countereable strategy with a good timing and that Spain does not have a high WR on average. Soldados have become unfeasible/useless.

3 Likes

I can’t think of a single time that unit felt useless. They can get 400 hp in age two for gods sake

Age 3 with Spain. If you have to pay upgrades, the unit is dead.

3 Likes

Oh no, my 1400 no cost res(worth 4 estates -1k age3 crate avg value) shipment point beefy garrisonable 2 in 1 estate that can spawn villagers and still makes an s tier free vet tech musk that i make in faster vill seconds than gatherers till very late game eco techs hit, but now i have to pay guard or imp for it like almost literaly every single other musk in the game, must be garbage if i cant right click the enemy after my safe fast spanish ff and am forced to macro! :stuck_out_tongue:

Trust me spain has many many options still and will be fine. This was just awful to face. Wall super safe ff into 0 map 0 cost 0 other card free shadowteching s tier musk was not a healthy addition as is. Now there is a bit more investment needed and ways for other civs to not be forced into the slowest most boring fi turtle plays

15 Likes

We will see how many players will use musketeers and how many will use soldiers after this change of the PuP for not knowing how to counter a strategy that is not even a metagame at medium / high levels. And it wouldn’t be the only strategy that is done without map control, there are more civilizations that don’t need much map control in early/mid to work well.

P.S: I have never been against putting a price tag on shipping 2 Haciendas, what they do now is kill a unit.

1 Like

Like italy fi which also got nerfed.

I’ve done this soldado strat myself and it was too good, not only did they shadow tech but they were also 10% stronger than normal soldados to start with. Add to that the card which spain gets for +25% more ranged infantry damage and they could be buffed stronger than mexico could even get it’s own unit.

The hacienda spawning is also different from other civs just sitting in base, once you hit industrial you don’t ever need any resources, other civs are mostly punished for going mills/estates early by having to pay for expensive buildings and gather slower due to giving up natural res but not with this.

1 Like

that kills the 99 vil boom option so nerfing the soldados is probably the best choice, soldados still are affected by ######### guerillas so they can still get 25% atk easily upon hitting industrial

oh boy , not sure how I feel about this , it does more damage to heavy infantry then skirms without counter infantry rifling now, might be better as part of their guard or imperial upgrade

Solidados are the most broken unit in the game.

Except maybe the 5 saphi shipment.

Personally, I would like to see some new and interesting things, such as actually loading the Lenape people on the map, or joining the Muiska or Karang people to improve the South American aborigines, and ending the history of Maya and Zapotec guest appearances as Colombians. Even if there is no way to update the new DLC for the time being, I hope to put a few interesting new things first

RIP italian architect strategies
RIP spanish soldado
At least add settler cards for italy or give them 2nd factory card
If we need to upgrade soldados then move it to barracks & make spanish hacienda only economic building
What a mess update for italy & spain

1 Like

To compensate:

The Haciendas could arrive with 5 soldiers, and soldiers can be created in the fort.

2 Likes

The hacienda card is already worth at least 2k wood when using it just to transition to mills/estates. Anything else is a bonus.

11 Likes

Maybe they could make the soldiers create in batches, instead of 1 by 1. I have some ideas, but I don’t know how unfair it would be in practice.

2 Likes

spain gains a new strat and is heavily nerfed, while china has skyrocketing winrate all over the ladder :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m going to speak frankly, i just don’t understand people who defend haciendas soldadoes spamm lol
I mean the strat consist to spamm soldadoes on haciendas and spamming HC with factory, so for summ up the strat no need map, no need macro, no need to train vills, no need to gather, no need to micro, this strat is supposed to be a game, this is RTS ?

The strat can be good or not i just don’t care, its just the design is clearly not healthy, like when you play against this its like you play against someone who play Colloseum, like the strat need nothing, you just spamm soldadoes and you watch ur screen, you guys think its good for the game, you think its an AOE3 game ?

Ye for real i just don’t understand really, so you play against this strat you have to play normal game ( gather ress, train vills, take map, micro ur unit, train unit etc ) and the spain guys has to … watch his screen wait a few sec for soldadoes and push… and that all ?

That is not an RTS game and even with the nerf, i just hate how they get soldadoes by simply putting vills on it and that all…

Like just an idea but for real i prefere to see smth like spawning 1 soldadoe each 2min30 or so when you gather ress on haciendas than that, not even close and much more healthy and atleast you have to gather train vills make unit, playing the game in fact…

22 Likes

The devs have been out to lunch balancewise for awhile now. No point in trying to understand. You just have to accept laming as part of the game.

This is not balancing, it is killing things.

4 Likes

No matter how you look at it, Spain shouldn’t have haciendas. That shipment equals to 4 mills/estates, tickles resources, create units. No matter how you twist it, it doesn’t end up balanced, it shouldn’t be available to Spain. Mexico gives up villager count to make up for haciendas, Spain doesn’t. Maybe only make it available for revolution or something.

6 Likes