Archers, Cavalry Archers, Hand Cannoners not shooting

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

GAME BUILD #101.102.1156.0 (#66692) 0
GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED
A group of ranged attack units will, when being ordered to move after attacking, then ordered to attack again, just stand there for way longer than they should instead of attacking, wasting precious time in which they could’ve shot and moved again, and getting hit by enemy fire instead.

It appears as if it completely resets their attack animation and slaps an extra time penalty on it if I seemingly order them to attack TOO SOON. If I just let them stand there and shoot away, they’ll not suddenly freeze. The issue normally seems to appear a couple of shots into an engagement, perhaps target switching is to blame.

edit: also happens upon first attack(s), and seems to appear completely randomly, seeming regardless of whether you’re trying to shoot too quickly after the previous attack, or after having moved for longer than it takes to be able to attack again.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
Basically just noticed it recently in 3 of my games, seems to be 100% present from when I noticed it.

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a group of Archers/Crossbowmen/Cavalry Archers/Hand Cannoners
  2. Have them attack enemies
  3. Move
  4. Issue attack command again
  5. Repeat from 3 several times

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT
Units should shoot according to their attack windup.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE
First happens at around 17:23 in the attached replay of a game vs Tatars, where some of the archers just awkward stand on the spot instead of shooting.
Again around 19:15 when archers are ordered to attack a villager and take way too long to do so.
Again at around 21:45 when ordered to attack a villager/skirmisher (unclear)
Again around 26:50-55 when dealing with skirmishers near the enemy town center

I had similar issues with Cavalry Arhcers in the attached replay of the game I played as Huns and also when I used Hand Cannoners as Bohemians (they seemed to take forever to take a shot), but I don’t have the replay.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

SP Replay v101.102.1156.0 #(66692) @2022.10.06 174930.aoe2record (7.0 MB)
SP Replay v101.102.1156.0 #(66692) @2022.10.06 191324.aoe2record (6.4 MB)

Hi @Heldarion8762
Thanks for the report, we are now tracking this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like