Are elephants balanced or should them be quicker?

I would buff the vietnamese and burmese UTs before buffing their base speed

And what about the elephant archer or ballista elephant?

Chatras and Howdah are in a good spot right now, both of them pretty cheap too. Probably the reason we don’t see them is lack of a proper role in their armies or really because they’re slower and don’t feel as good as Khmer ones

They’re ranged so its okay

The Elephant Archer is actually really good right now, and frankly given the ranged nature of both, their speed doesn’t hurt them as much as melee units.

1 Like

Pike/Halb damage bonus against Elephants is too high. Their bonus should get a small nerf

Mass EWE can’t be stopped even by halbs.

Have 60 EWE and you’ll need a shitton of halbs to hope to stop them

Yes, I’m gonna revive this toppic. Hope no one get pissed off about it, but elephants are become more and more weaker. I feel they should stop nerfing them and nerf khmer instead.

I mean you can’t just simply balance them for all civs, if one civs get them way more cheaper, and other civ have the fastest and strongest ones with a crazy eco to spam them.

At this point, we might just take away elephants from vietnamesse and burmese

1 Like

I agree as well. I am generally against buffing elephant stats such as damage or HP, because I think they are fine in that regard, and they should also be expensive. But giving them a speed boost would just make them that much easier to use in combat, even if you only add a few into your army and not mass them, so that they are used as living siege engines which is how they are envisioned I believe. Also slow elephants just don’t make any sense, elephants are actually fast creatures in real life. You ever tried outrunning an elephant? Infantry shouldn’t be outpacing an elephant, its ridiculous, the War Elephant, before the Mahouts unique tech, just lumbers around as if its on high on drugs, moves more like a zombie and can’t close the distance between itself and anything else to do any damage. Having 200HP and 20damage (or whatever the stats are) is useless if you can’t even land a single blow on any enemy units.

Case in point:

This ■■■■ is straight out of that T-rex chase scene from the original Jurassic Park: