Are you going to buy the Deluxe edition?

The price difference between the Base version and the Deluxe Edition is the price of AoE1/2/3DE.

That tells us two things:

1. AoE2/3DE are really cheap
  2. The Deluxe edition isn’t worth it

I might still buy it to support the developers but not sure. I have more than enough money but that doesn’t mean I need to waste it on 3 cosmetics.

1 Like

Already bought it to support my favourite game without hesitation. But I also agree it’s too expensive, though.

1 Like

because thats a NEW AAA GAme. Age 3 aat launch only cost 10€ less - and actually nowadays games are around 10€ more expensive than back then :wink:

sad they didnt already say Deluxe includes first DLC. Then it would be worth it. maybe they will later add it, but I baught it anyway, so maybe MS wont see the need to do so :smiley:

Yes I pre-order deluxe edition :slight_smile:

No, I’m not buying it , only normal version haha

Age of Empires II was 49.95$ in 1999. Considering the inflation since that year (~50%), Age of Empires IV should cost 75$, but the real price is 59.99$. If the price is adjusted to other countries’ currency, I don’t see it as expensive, quite the opposite.

Anyway, you can pay the game pass and play 3 months for 1$.

[EDIT] Source of Age of Empires II price in 1999: Microsoft "Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings" Crowned Best-Selling PC Game - Stories

thats also a very nice way of looking at it, especially since the content is pretty much equal in terms of gameplay in campaign^^

Normal version for me. Only thing tempting to me in the deluxe is the soundtrack. If I owned AoE2 Deluxe I would probably go for it though for the included expansion.

As a old player, I have purchased the Deluxe Edition.
Just follow through, spend a little money to buy a ticket to myeself feelings :laughing:

The pre-order for the Deluxe Edition is perfect for me since it includes Dawn of the Dukes (I love campaign DLCs) and the Digital Soundtrack (I bought the soundtracks for AoE1 and 2 because they are done really well).

to be fair, the preorder gets you the DLC, not the deluxe edition, I think

I preorder standard !

They should have also included the first expansion pack or DLC in the deluxe edition to make it worth spending that extra money in my opinion. Right now it’s quite a bit of lackluster.

Is it deluxe edition cheaper than not deluxe + last AOE2 DE addon ?
If yes so I buy DELUXE.

But they could make a deluxe edition for those who already bought all games… It’s absurd to buy several times the same game.

i have preorderd the Deluxe Edition for the reason of support a great RTS series. :wink:

For people who don’t want to pay € 49,99 or € 79,99 could get the Xbox PC Game Pass for currently € 9.99 per month and test AoE 4 atleast with this.

The DLC for AoE2DE comes regardless if you pay for the standard or deluxe edition, it’s attached to the pre-order itself so has no further added value to the deluxe itself.

1 Like

I’m with you on this one I want to support the developers as much as I can but I don’t also want to throw away money for things that aren’t of value.

They could have made it much better that’s my opinion about the deluxe edition. The only thing “cool” about those unique content is perhaps the monument but we still don’t know how that will play out in the end. All we know it might just be a visual thingy on the menu.

Aaa ok thank you ! I thought the DLC of AOE2 was only in the Deluxe version

2 Likes

I was going to because often I find a game that I want and the standard edition is just a not the full game (Forza Horizon 4 am looking at you) but it see s this time the deluxe is the full game just with a few interesting behind the scenes bits so this time I am getting the standard.

1 Like