Are you guys going to buy that AoE IV book?

No worries man :slight_smile: I think it’s not limited. Plus I think digital edition has the art book. Not sure if it contains same art as in the physical book, but we will find out.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. But I guess that saves you money :slight_smile:

then i will download it by green steam (With AoE IV, Sacryfing Multiplayer maybe)

I really want to buy it and have enough money, but it’s only in three languages and I can’t read it

1 Like

Still not sure, I was really interested in a physical collector’s edition, so this is still kinda disappointing. Maybe I will buy it after seeing if people recommends it, because another thing that have me concerned is the aggresive customs taxes I’ve been experiencing in my last shipments from the USA, that can easily charge additional 20€ to the price.

1 Like

I can´t buy this
they don´t shipping to México :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I actually would like to buy the book, but sadly i am not certain how. Cause i got the game since i bought the new DLC of Age of Empires 2. Meaning that I’m unable to get the Game again and not get the book either…I’ve already contacted support but i have not received an answer even though they said there going to contact me within 48 hours but its been more then that.

Sorry for the rant folks, but in all honesty id love to see the art works cause all the Aoe games have wonderful works be it with art, music and historical stuff!

1 Like

Only if AoE4 turns out to be a good investment, and I get interested to know more about its art and development insights.

1 Like

geeez dude. With those taxes, yeah, not worth it.

Oh wow, you’re in a strange position. I just don’t understand how publishers and steam don’t think of every scenario when they do “pre-order this and you will get that”…but then we have cases like yours…and they go…“oh you got that already, too bad you will have to wait to buy this. And we will hold your refund. Thank you.”

1 Like

I like that stance. Pretty neat thinking.

1 Like

I have a thread related to this:

Hopefully we can have the book as DLC in pdf format at least to those unable to buy the physical version.

2 Likes

yeah, buy their overpriced booklet guys. Something that should have actually been included in a special game edition but they didnt even do the trouble for it.
You will help them make some extra profit to save face, support their half boiled game and never learn their lesson.

Lmao yeah, they should have made the special edition even more expensive…

Maybe people actually like the game. Maybe you’re just sour this game might be successful.

3 Likes

Whoops, sorry I didn’t see it. Anyhow, I hope the same thing. It would be a better thing if the Delux edition includes the book (though I doubt it).

1 Like

If there is going to be a seperate DLC for the book it would be great! Cause as said i cannot get the deluxe edition due to the purchase of the new Age of Empires2 DLC which gave us Age of Empires 4 for free…Meaning i cannot purchase Age of Empires 4 Deluxe edition to get the Art book and id really wish for that!

1 Like

i ordered it because there is no collectors edition for this game sadly, and i really wanted something physical for it. 35 bux for a 400 page book of this size seams reasonable too.

1 Like

I will probably order it. Not sure yet.

The book is announced in three different languages. But apparently it will be available in english only (I guess unless you happen to live in Germany or France, which is not the case).

Pros : looks really nice and the price is low.

Cons : After a few patches or after an expansion, part of the stats will be obsolete.

1 Like

I went ahead and ordered it. If I was at all concerned about the price though I wouldn’t have bothered. It’s kind of neat, but will get outdated with patches, and all the information you could get elsewhere anyway.

1 Like

I remember the first AoE (base game) had a brief history book included, along with a laminated tech tree of the units in the game.

That being said, I am interested in buying the companion book, but probably not right away.

1 Like